ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sky and their Billing?!

Just taken my monthly subscription of £44.08 from my bank account.
Well, it's not £43.50, it's not £45.. so what the hell is it?!

I was on the £43.50 one last month.. don't think I got caught with the last price hike to £45..

Statement not come yet.. and I don't think the interactive statement thing works.. so, uh.. :S

58p might be just enough for you not to bother calling them about it but enough for it to make them plenty of money for nothing.

Not a Clio
I seem to be paying £44.36 :S

They seem to be putting the price up by a small amount far too regularly.

I seem to be paying £44.36 :S

They seem to be putting the price up by a small amount far too regularly.

It's odd though, because it's always a sensible number, £43.50, £45, etc.. for the Sky World, but, I'm not sure where these odd pennies are going.

Will wait for my statement.

Not a Clio
They should do a custom package that's billed based on the number of channels you subscribe to, not individual packages.

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
They have had about 4 price hikes in the last 9mnths or so !!

Stupid. Utterly.

If it wasnt the "only" service i could get here i dont think i would be using them.

S-Max
Ive had this before, I queries when on the phone about something else and they said its something to do with the number of billing days between the last bill and that one. Ie 30 days would be different to 31.

I reckon its bollox though because if you add up 12 bills at the end of the year I bet its more than the £43.50 x 12 it should be!!

Hyundai i40
i changed my channel package about a mth ago and they told me the prices are going up.......cant remember the date but it was part way through month i think to about £45

still a rip off for wot i use it

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
i hate sky, crap reception - can only get 25% of the channels when it rains. I have to pay them £60+ to "re align the dish" but i can't be arsed. Don't get me started on the broadband and skytalk!

Overpriced and crap service, i'd switch to virgin tomorrow if it was in my area

Lotus Elise 111R
i hate sky, crap reception - can only get 25% of the channels when it rains. I have to pay them £60+ to "re align the dish" but i can't be arsed. Don't get me started on the broadband and skytalk!

Interesting....for me, reception is brilliant 99% of the time, just have to keep switching off and on the sky+ box every few weeks!

As for broadband, bloody fantastic, never dropped once and faster than the service I was paying £18 pm for before!

PS I have heard that virgin ain't quite as good as their advertising either...

Chelsea tractor
Don't sky bill per day? So in February you'd be paying less that in say March? But then overall it works out to 43.50 x 12?

Or am I chatting shite :D

Got a strange amount too - £47.29. Again, as with the above, the amount is too small to phone about; just need to see if it settles down next month.

Arctic Clio 182 FF
Have you 'acciddentally' voted using the red interactive SKY button?
Do you watch BB?
Everytime you 'dial up' or vote or whatever, even if you hit it and then think 's**t, why did i do that?' you get charged. Bit like the internet.

VaVa

Ring them up and threaten to leave. Tell them why, barter for a bit and say you can't afford it then they'll send someone round for nothing. I was having trouble with mine as my LNB was fucked. I threatened to cancel and they sent someone round two days later and fitted a n new LNB FOC.

But I agree, they are shite and the TV subscription is hideously overpirced imho,

Skoda Fabia Vrs 180b
Everyone got a letter av=bout it. As the price rise tkes effect part way through your billing, the extra few pence is for the price increase for those few days so the 58p is probably about 16 days of the new price, 14 of the old.

Next month you will see the full price increase.

So wish I was in a cabled area

Megane DCi 147bhp/350nwm
my dad cancelled sky last month because of there s**t billing.

7years with them as well...they're shite

Nippy white cup
I rang them and said I want to lower my package because I had been made redundant (not really) they give me the full package for half price for 3 months lol

I agree they take the piss with the pricing structure and the ever increasing bills. I want to get HD but refuse to pay the £300 for a box when I have been paying £40+ for years. There is a special "thank you" offer tho...for paying £40 a month for about 5 years I get £50 off the cost of a HD box! Robbing b******s!

Chris

Audi TT roadster
The reason the bill is slightly more is because the package price changes on the 1st of september. it means you will have been charged at the old package rate up until the end of august and then the new package rate for any days that fall into your billing cycle in september. your bill next month will be £45 as all days will be charged at the new package price.

also sky have only raised their package price once in the past 12 months, which was last september, that seems to be when the price tends to rise.

Nippy white cup
The reason the bill is slightly more is because the package price changes on the 1st of september. it means you will have been charged at the old package rate up until the end of august and then the new package rate for any days that fall into your billing cycle in september. your bill next month will be £45 as all days will be charged at the new package price.

also sky have only raised their package price once in the past 12 months, which was last september, that seems to be when the price tends to rise.

I'm sure mine has go up more than once a year. Used to be less than £40 then crept up and over to whatever it is now

Chris

1 Series Coupe
virgin_media.jpg

Everyone got a letter av=bout it. As the price rise tkes effect part way through your billing, the extra few pence is for the price increase for those few days so the 58p is probably about 16 days of the new price, 14 of the old.

Next month you will see the full price increase.

So wish I was in a cabled area

Right, makes sense.. except I didn't think I was going to get this price rise this time round.. ahwell..

I'm in a cabled area, but I still prefer Sky.. wouldn't change.. but that's another matter :p