ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

sky anytime box

LY R27
Recently got sky hd multiroom, but the box in my room is just a normal sky hd box.
Apparently from sky its a fair wedge to get the + version.

Anyways on ebay ive seen a few for around £44.

If I were to buy one of these, whats the procedure for fitting? Just plug in and everything will work? Or activation required? What happens?

ta CS :)

Two 0 Shitx
You need to activate it i think but also, you need 2 cables running to your box from the dish, i found this out when i had normal hd in my room and was going to buy a box on ebay to save £200 but when i told the sky guy he said i needed a different cable and he'd just clipped it all the way round the house and said he wished i'd have told him earlier because he's not doing it again.

LY R27
mine has the 2 cables running to my room, just only 1 is plugged in at the moment, and this activation - what happens?

Two 0 Shitx
mine has the 2 cables running to my room, just only 1 is plugged in at the moment, and this activation - what happens?

So does mine but i'm pretty sure one has to be a double, so 3 cables? Hmm one of mine is the extension for the phone line i think, have you looked what end is on the other cable?

Last edited:
  182, SQ7, Trafic
You need two to the dish for a + box and one for a standard. Plus a telephone extension cable.

LY R27
You need to get a sky+HD multiroom subscription.

http://www.sky.com/shop/boxes/sky-multiroom/skyhd-box/
I have multi room, but instead of giving you a 2nd + box they only give you a standard hd box, a + is alot more monies from them

So does mine but i'm pretty sure one has to be a double, so 3 cables? Hmm one of mine is the extension for the phone line i think, have you looked what end is on the other cable?

It has 2 cables plugged into the dish but 1 plugged into the back of my box - the other is just hanging there.

You need two to the dish for a + box and one for a standard. Plus a telephone extension cable.
Is the phoneline extension needed, my main hd+ box downstairs has got a phone line but isnt plugged in i dont think

also how do you activate this new box when i get one?

LY R27
Well there wouldn't be a thread if i already had a HD+ box would there :S.

This is the box i have Revels:

5504dbda.jpg

You don't need the two cables. It just means you can't record and watch at the same time or view the EPG while a recording is in process.

The phoneline is just to make sure you haven't paid £10 for multiroom and have given the box to a mate.

182, SQ7, Trafic
Them new HD boxes are single LNB feed and don't have any recording facility, even though the remote with it is a standard Sky HD+ one.

LY R27
Them new HD boxes are single LNB feed and don't have any recording facility, even though the remote with it is a standard Sky HD+ one.

I know, all I am asking is if I buy a sky+ HD anytime box do i need to do anything to set it up? Or just plug it in?
I have the double cable at the moment but obviously only 1 is plugged in....

Ph1 T
I know, all I am asking is if I buy a sky+ HD anytime box do i need to do anything to set it up? Or just plug it in?
I have the double cable at the moment but obviously only 1 is plugged in....

I did this and got a mate who's an arial guy to install it as far as I know he installed new cables needed for it

182, SQ7, Trafic
Yes you will need another LNB feed from the dish. But you can run a box in single feed LNB mode, unsure if you can still record or not though. Probably can but only what your watching.

Ph2 172
Right - you need - 2 Co-ax feeds from the LNB, sounds like you have these, in which case you're sorted. Check this though, as without you can't use the plus features.

Then buy box from E-bay (I did this - hence I know what you need!!) and set it all up.

Then you need sky to associate your viewing card, to this new box. In theory, I think you're supposed to be able to do this via some of the menu options, however I think that only works if you are swapping boxes like for like. If you are changing box type, I think you need to call them - I know I did. Once they associate it, then it should all work fine. Getting them to do it however was a bit of a challenge, and took 2 or 3 calls. They first tried to tell me I needed another card that they would send me - which was BS! When I called and got someone who knew what they were doing, it didn't take long to sort at all.

Ph2 172
Well, the card that is in my box in my room is the only sky digital one that I've ever had - so 10+ years old.