ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sky box move?

dk

911 GTS Cab
Got sky HD at home and am going to my parents for Xmas, they have freesat so have a dish etc, and used to have sky but I want to take my box and card there for Xmas as I have loads more channels.

Is this possible, will it work, it wil be the same box and card, so it's only the dish and phone line which will change, so I guess I can't plug it into the phone line, or won't they be able to tell anyway? I've had it longer than 12 months anyway, so don't need to have it attached to the phone line, guess it's just to order stuff?

So personally can't think of a reason why I can't do this?

Thanks in advance.

Do they have the dual cables? That's the only difference I can see. But that just means you can't do anything that involves multiple channels.

But otherwise, I can't see any reason why it won't work. Phone doesn't need to be plugged in really anyway. Mine never has.

Go cry to your momma!
Put the box in single feed mode if they've only got one cable and you're good to go.

Don't plug their phone line into it as if the box does a call back, sky will see a different CLI and know that you're using the box elsewhere..

If you have a HD sub I'm pretty sure you're required to have the phone line plugged in permanently - neither of mine have ever been plugged in though.

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
if you have sky HD you dont have to have it plugged into a phone line. the phone line is for box office/games etc,

dk

911 GTS Cab
Cool, sounds like a goer then, they have the dual feed for the freest humax fox HD box, just sounds like I shouldn't plug it in then to the phone line.

Just a thought, the freest is actually using sky satellites right, so it'll be pointing in the right direction?

Thanks guys

Clio 182 cup'd
Cool, sounds like a goer then, they have the dual feed for the freest humax fox HD box, just sounds like I shouldn't plug it in then to the phone line.

Just a thought, the freest is actually using sky satellites right, so it'll be pointing in the right direction?

Thanks guys

Yep it will work just by plugging it in.

I used a multi room box in another house for 3 months before sky noticed the phone line had been unplugged, and they just sent a letter asking for it to be plugged back in.

Go cry to your momma!
if you have sky HD you dont have to have it plugged into a phone line. the phone line is for box office/games etc,

It's a contractual agreement, otherwise I guess 95% of people wouldn't bother having it plugged in.

Sky used to make a right fuss over it and insist that we always install the phone extension, even if the customer really didn't fancy having it clipped to their skirting etc..

The dish will be fine, sky and freesat come from the same satellite at 28.2E ;D