ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sky Broadband issues

Just interested to know if any of you have Sky BB and have any problems with it?

I put customer service aside because they're f* idiots over there and don't know their arseholes from their elbows (a la "are the lights flickering" and "have you tried 'ipconfig /release and /renew'... "have you turned it on and off) and so on.

I've given up on wireless and now our router just randomly drops the connection for no reason and at varying times of internet usage which is not only f* annoying but I'm getting tired of having to remove the power cable and reinsert.

1) Sometimes it only lets me access certain websites (listened to radio one live last night on interweb but couldn't access any sites whatsoever)

2) Sometimes it drops the internet connection and won't release and renew the ip address. I cannot access the router.

3) Sometimes I can access the router config and it tells me the intermaweb is running fine, but I still can't access it.

The simple answer is that it's f* ed, yes, I know that, but does anyone have any suggestions short of returning the router to Sky and demanding another one or my money back?

Ta

James.

BG 182
EXACTLY the same problem! After leaving AOl which i had been with for 4 years , never lost my connection but was paying £29.99 month. The Sky deal for 8mb added to my package for just £5 month seemed a dream. Worst mistake of my year. Im on my 3rd router which just dropps the connection randomly when ever it wants to. The only way to to get it back on is to reboot the router which is incredibly frustrating.

192.168.0.1 Select diagnostics and then reboot....then wait about another 2 minutes for the connection to reconnect!!

And the call charges for there customer services are disgracefull....you will be passed to the other side of the planet and back and forward and so on , and nothing will change!

Unplug the power cable from the router, then phone them up and tell them its bust (won't switch on) They will send you a new router.

Pitbull your problem sounds like its the line rather than the router if you've had 3. You need to ask them to lower the speed of the connection till its stable.

I was with sky and got fed up of phoning them and going through the usual s**t which didn't help so I left.

I think I'm going to write to them first so I have something in writing, then I will call them in which case and attempt to get a new router.

Bumder With A Buffer
Unplug the power cable from the router, then phone them up and tell them its bust (won't switch on) They will send you a new router.

Pitbull your problem sounds like its the line rather than the router if you've had 3. You need to ask them to lower the speed of the connection till its stable.

I was with sky and got fed up of phoning them and going through the usual s**t which didn't help so I left.

Yeah lower it to 56k!!! As that is what most Bt lines installed can handle! Although they are slowly upgrading them, SLOWLY though.

BG 182

The only problem i have with that is that the line has been fine for years. Since 56k, Half meg, 1 meg, 2 meg then 8 meg. No changes to the line at all. Never ever dropped with AOL through all the years. Then as soon as i switch to Sky to save a few quid, nothing but returning routers, useless customer services and still it drops my connection Every single day. I really dont know why its doing it and after 3 routers, i dont suppose im ever going to find out untill i go to a different ISP.