ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sky broadband problems recently?

Anyone else had intermittent service from Sky? Like one day it will be great the next no connection and even some days it's a game of gambling weather it's off or on! Getting frustrating now as its off at the moment for some strange reason and I have to use my phone :mad:

I'm in the Warrington area if that helps anyone else?

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Not really no but I've noticed it has gone really crap though. I think they're hinting we upgrade to their fibre network that costs.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
I get it too. I know we're due fibre soon so that may be a reason. Can't flocking wait tbh!

We don't have fibre in our street the next street over does though :( which is a load of shite and no one will fit it in our street because it's too expensive it's like why didn't you just put it in with the other streets you god damn morons!

SQ5
All round here it's intermittent too. I was going to go over as could get 7mbps but I prefer a reliable 2.1mbps.

Google it, a lot of people have this problem.

SQ5
It's basically the box in the BT green box. Sky LLU means its Sky's Service, if BT LLU then sky are just borrowing the space/line from BT

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Are you on the sky LLU package do you know?
I mean is your exchange LLU'D for Sky..

Sky only offer free/subsidised BB to LLU customers, so unless you're paying £17 extra just for BB then you will be on LLU.

Well we have an LLU enabled BT box just over from our house according to skyuser.co.uk so might be worth getting my dad to ring and ask them about an LLU package I think we are just on the BT Wholesale line that sky use (Sky Connect?) see of we can go on a Sky only line on the LLU

Still no sign of Internet as I type this... Ffs

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
I get a consistent 1.4mb line with sky! lol no fibre or anything else available to me.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
I used to get a steady 4-5mb now I struggle to get 2. Don't know why it's gone shite all of a sudden

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
When you do a speed test does it spike a lot?

Just done one on the iPad now and I got 0.53 upload and the graph it gives you was like a mountain range

What does that mean?

Noise on the line possibly? Dodgy BT Line? Not to sure mate have you tried plugging yours into the master socket directly (if you have one) and running Speedtest again? Seemed to help our greatly shown we had a faulty wire in the house so we run some new line. Ill check when im home thought (if the internet is actually on that is! :mad:)

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
It is in the master socket.

I had some success ringing sky the other day but that involved me unplugging everything bar the pc and turning wifi off 2 iPads and an iPod. Which is less than ideal

Im assuming there's something on my network dragging it down but I'm not too clued up on it all tbh

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Not sure if it's netgear, it's the black sky one you get. Been fine up until recently though

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Lol don't want to fork out on a new router anyway.

If I'm right and fibre is close to getting here then I'm hoping that will be the solution. If not then I'm leaving sky and moving house lol

Bumder With A Buffer
It's basically the box in the BT green box. Sky LLU means its Sky's Service, if BT LLU then sky are just borrowing the space/line from BT

Not strictly true, some CABS are just splitters and only some of the large ones will house any form of equipment. Most serve as a jumping point for the LLU unbundling. Most of SKYS equipment is not in the green box (also known as the CABINET) its in the local exchange. SKY will buy their own racks and have their own DSLAMS/Testhead/Test switches (thats what I make/do) if the exchange is LLU'd, I think they call it "sky connect" for their own service.

Sky only offer free/subsidised BB to LLU customers, so unless you're paying £17 extra just for BB then you will be on LLU.

Yep unfortunately my exchange isnt LLU'd at all :( So I ordered SKY, which I had a moan about that as it let me order the connect service knowing that my exchange wasn't in that "area". They then tried to fob me off with the whole "we have run out of capacity in that exchange for the connect service"....no you haven't liar liar pants on fire! In hindsight I should of checked the exchange first but meh thats what there systems are supposed to do.

Cheers Rich

LLU - Sky / Easynet - Enabled as of 05/11/2006

hvmsM.jpg

Bumder With A Buffer
There you go then your on SKy's LLU service.

So any issues apart from the physical line from the exchange to your house SKY are in charge of (SKY still technically own the line but only openreach can do work on it)...right ball ache.

SKY have been having a lot of issues recently with there service and there has been no explanation as to why. A few weeks back mine dropped down to 68kb (yes KB) for a day then was fine again. No explanation given but I cant moan to SKY as im technically on BT...Confusing huh!!?!!

I think its routing problems due to all the Fiber upgrades myself.

PS IS it sad that i know what exchange you come under and its next to the pub?? :eek:

Last edited:
Just got off the online chat with him, He did a scan on our line and it says Unstable I asked him weather that meant externally (BT Exchange to our house) or internally (Main BT Socket to Router) He said it was an internal problem the line to the house shows it's test as fine. So will plug the router back into the BT Main Test socket when I get home see how it goes.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Just got off the online chat with him, He did a scan on our line and it says Unstable I asked him weather that meant externally (BT Exchange to our house) or internally (Main BT Socket to Router) He said it was an internal problem the line to the house shows it's test as fine. So will plug the router back into the BT Main Test socket when I get home see how it goes.

Don't believe everything they say, I've been told that the line test showed it was fine while holding the end of the line that had broken in half in my hand.

SQ5
Draytek or a Netgear.

BT have twice told a customer no fault on their line, until an engineer came out and said there was a break! LOL!

Customer support are useless

Well that sucks... LOL just lost me confidence in what he said! Since they have started a line test we are now on another 10 day probation where they test the lines at different speeds. So when I got home today I plugged the router into the BT Test socket and got 2MB/s thought wtf! Got back onto customer support, sure enough he said its because you have a 10 day test period on the line now and it will fluctuate starting slow and get faster as you go. God damn it! Even though the first person told me to plug it into the test socket when I got home. Could have saved me some time!