ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sky Cancellation

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Having bantz with Sky on the phone now about their price rises again. Cant be f**king arsed paying nearly £100 a month for Sky TV (inc sports) and 150MB Fibre.

What does everyone recommend?

BT?
Mrs signs up again with Sky as new customer?
I went BT 500 fibre, their basic TV (with a basic Netflix/ Now TV etc)
Pay £65 pm (I added £5 for the landline which is getting sacked off as it's a pay monthly add on).

The BT/EE box/ UI is s**t compared to Sky though so be warned.

Sky pissed me off when I cancelled the TV package (BT had migrated the broadband so didn't need to do that)
Was told initially I could just phone up and cancel when I was out of contract. Did that and got told I had to give 30 days notice and was charged at the new price.

Bunch of c***s.

I couldn't get the wife to get a new contract as the phone number was connected and it just fucked us off to another menu.

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Email arrived today price increasing to £128 from £99.

Contacted Sky, the Indian call centre chap was actually laughing when i mentioned the price increase.

Got through to cancellations (Scotland) & currently no deals, 30 days notice put in.

Let the games commence.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
200.gif

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Email arrived today price increasing to £128 from £99.

Contacted Sky, the Indian call centre chap was actually laughing when i mentioned the price increase.

Got through to cancellations (Scotland) & currently no deals, 30 days notice put in.

Let the games commence.
Similar here, going up from £53 to £104 because of contract ending and price rises.

They today have offered me the same package for £54 with no rises until April 25 increase.

In two minds what to do, struggling a bit morally with the fire stick option and I do love the Sky Q UI.

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
Are people managing to get TV packages cancelled as well if you’re still in contract? Thinking about binning it all off.

However if I just bin off broadband the increase in the TV service wouldn’t save me anything looking at the price of other broadband only deals.

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Similar here, going up from £53 to £104 because of contract ending and price rises.

They today have offered me the same package for £54 with no rises until April 25 increase.

In two minds what to do, struggling a bit morally with the fire stick option and I do love the Sky Q UI.

Was that a call or chat?
Seems decent offer for year, rpi increase due don’t forget.
What options you got?

Super fast fibre + boost, calls
Cinema, Sports, Netflix, Para+ all UHD
Additional box.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Was that a call or chat?
Seems decent offer for year, rpi increase due don’t forget.
What options you got?

Super fast fibre + boost, calls
Cinema, Sports, Netflix, Para+ all UHD
Additional box.
Chat

It's only TV - Signature, Sports, Netflix Premium, UHD, HD

Signature is normally £36.50, but you'll pay £21.50 (with an 18-month contract)
Sky Sports in HD is normally £39, but you'll pay £19 (with an 18-month contract)
Sky HD is normally £9, but you'll pay £0.00
Ultra HD is normally £4, but you'll pay £2
Netflix Premium without Ads £15.50 but ypu will pat £11.50 (4 screen )

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
See, if I'd have been offered something like that I would have took it.

I'm still getting calls and emails asking me to come back, it's not too late etc.

Their router has been sent back and I'm now out of contract with their TV service and I'm waiting for the envelope to send that back. It wouldn't even let me log in to Sky Go on my PS5 on Sunday (yet could watch it on my phone). My dodgy stick didn't work when I wanted it to 🙄

BT ui isn't good but I don't watch enough terrestrial TV to be too worried. It's mainly the kids watching CBBC etc as most of the stuff I want to watch is streamed.
Have had no issues with their fibre since install.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
I've not missed sky at all, I've found plenty to watch free on the fire stick. I don't spend loads of time watching tv mind but for the price sky really are taking the piss imo.

c4pob

ClioSport Club Member
  A terrible one
How long did you wait, two weeks this Thursday.
They didn’t call me. They emailed me a half price offer and I called them. Renewed for nearly the same suite of packages for slightly less then I was paying but obv with a slightly reduced offer (no multiroom, no kids and no UHD).