ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sky for £26

2004 1.2 Dynamique
Saw a advert on tc the other day to get Sky BB, Sky Phoneline and Sky TV all for 26 pound a month. Has anyone on here got this and whats it like? Which channels do you get on sky and what internet connection do you get etc?

Rav4
Wish this would have come out a couple of months ago, as I would have not of got NTL instead.

The channels are basically review channels, the great thing is the phat internet and phone. I think it is an 18 month contract though.

A black one
What they don't shout about is the installation fee and the minimum contract period, and in some cases extra charges for equipment.

S-Max
I've had both and I'm not sure about Sky being the best....

One thing I find really annoying about sky is when it rains you are likely to lose viewing...Really annoying thing is it's times that the weather is bad that you want to watch the damn thing!!

They could do something about it though because when I've watched a pay per view event or even a match say between Man Utd and Chelscum you don';t get a flicker even if there are hail stones, they choose when to inject more "life" into the receivers...

NTL never had that problem and Sky have only just got around to doing mutli room viewing. Customer Services there isn't much in it, both are crap

So what connection do you get then 512mb? And which channels on tv?

wow I'd love a 512mb line!

You can have a 16meg line depending on your area. A mate has it at work and he says its really good. I cant get it in my area yet :(

Octy VRS
I did the NTL thing a few months ago. 3 for £30 deal. When you add all the stuff you actually want it works out to about £42 though. Quite happy apart from a few niggles which are now sorted. 2MB Broadband is decent with good download speeds!

500bhp Scoob
They could do something about it though because when I've watched a pay per view event or even a match say between Man Utd and Chelscum you don';t get a flicker even if there are hail stones, they choose when to inject more "life" into the receivers...

NTL never had that problem and Sky have only just got around to doing mutli room viewing. Customer Services there isn't much in it, both are crap

They don't choose anything like that, the channel bitrate is constant.

I've never had a problem with my Sky setup breaking up even in the strongest winds and rain etc... prob either a slightly mis-aligned dish, that needs tightening up a bit, or the older style slot-together dishes that fade to light grey.

nimbus r27
bingo mole im a sky engineer and they don chose to give you a poor signal it all depends on where your sat dish is and if it was installed well