ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

SKY Q

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50
Will also be sucking all our recorded programmes onto an ipad in a few weeks as we go on holiday :) see how that goes.

AdDaMan

ClioSport Club Member
We've binned he Bluetooth remote. Too many f**k ups. Agree about the menu structure. Tooooooo much scrolling. Oh and the box crashes every few f**king days. We are definitely beta testing these boxes for sky. No where near market ready.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
We still have this issue. Though it happens less if we turn Sky off (Not at the wall) as opposed to leaving it on. Ours was also sometimes freezing if the TV turned on when we turned the box on. So we have to turn TV on, select HDMI 1 then turn the Q box on. A bit of a faff but the only way to avoid constant freezing.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
No issues here with the mini apart from having to turn them on in the right order if they are powered down.

Yeah the Bluetooth remote was binned months ago! Plus it doesn't work with my amp.

A shiny black one.
I was toying with the idea of jacking in Virgin Tv and signing up for SkyQ, I think I'll let them iron out the problems first, Virgin also have a new system coming out soon.

I do miss Atlantic.

AdDaMan

ClioSport Club Member
I was toying with the idea of jacking in Virgin Tv and signing up for SkyQ, I think I'll let them iron out the problems first, Virgin also have a new system coming out soon.

I do miss Atlantic.
Even with the issues the Sky Q has its still easily 1000x better than any virgin tv service. Virgin for broadband and Sky Q for TV.

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50
With the crashing minis are you hard wiring them? I think that solves a LOT of issues!

I'm not running a cable from one side of the house to the other for the sake to turning it on/off once a week lol.

The sky man gave us a booster box but that hasn't made any difference. The boxes aren't to far away from one another but there are several walls in the way

SQ5
I have a customer with his router in his wardrobe as its where the BT comes in and his box is 2m from it with 12mm MDF in between as a door.

The wifi drops constantly, it's s**t. Even using Powerline Adapters would improve it as its a solid connection

Mk4 Mondeo Estate
We had the same issues with the mini box. Ended up getting them out to have a look. All they did was turned off automatic standby mode and moved the box from next to the tv, albeit with the screen hanging over the top, to in front of the tv and not had an issue.

Went from having to hard reset every other day, to now not having an issue since they came out over a week ago. Sky engineers don't seem to know to what's up with them.

SQ5
The last couple Sky Engineers I've spoken to have said its been released far to early, it's basically at a Beta stage.

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
With my current old school setup. I have BT Sport on my TV downstairs but it doesn't carry across two boxes so I can't watch it upstairs.

With Sky Q. There is only 1 viewing card and technically 1 box although I will still be using a multi room.

Does anyone know whether BT Sport will now work upstairs once mine gets installed?

Cheers

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
Signed up to Sky Q today and got what I think is a great deal. Sky Q 2tb box sets package with multi room, movies and sports (everything they sell basically)

Should be £92 a month with £100 install fee. But I got it for £35 a month for 12 months and £10 install! Just for using the chat function and asking for a better deal!

Fiesta ST-2 Finsport
Signed up to Sky Q today and got what I think is a great deal. Sky Q 2tb box sets package with multi room, movies and sports (everything they sell basically)

Should be £92 a month with £100 install fee. But I got it for £35 a month for 12 months and £10 install! Just for using the chat function and asking for a better deal!

That's cracking! Will look into this myself!

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
Just had my Sky Q Installed and apparently the long awaited update has been downloaded onto my new box. The update was released last night.

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50
Lol we had a slight issue when transferring programmes to our ipad through no fault of skys..

Everything we watch/download is in HD, and our Ipad is only 16GB - after 2 programmes it was full lol

Had to download everything in low quality, which you don't really notice the quality difference anyway on an ipad screen.

Need to buy a bigger storage ipad

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
Lol we had a slight issue when transferring programmes to our ipad through no fault of skys..

Everything we watch/download is in HD, and our Ipad is only 16GB - after 2 programmes it was full lol

Had to download everything in low quality, which you don't really notice the quality difference anyway on an ipad screen.

Need to buy a bigger storage ipad
Yep same issue here.

I was hoping they were going to announce new iPads this month but it doesn't look like they will until spring next year now!

Listerine & Poledo
Seems my sky discount just expired.

I'll be interested to see what their plan is here....

It'd be cheaper in actual reality to keep me on my + box and just take my lower subscription fees, but are they going to try and flush me onto Q anyway, and dump a chunk of new equipment on me?

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Mine has been fine until the last couple of nights where recordings are just a blank screen. Really frustrating when you've settled down to watch something!

SQ5
After having a few more customers with it installed the only way to for this to work reliably is hard wired properly to a network switch, even using Powerline Adapters it can be flaky.

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
After having a few more customers with it installed the only way to for this to work reliably is hard wired properly to a network switch, even using Powerline Adapters it can be flaky.

I'll be alright then, I networked the whole house when we moved in! Winner!

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
I've been ok regards to connection to the mini, it's the sky silver box freezing and these silly blank recordings that are a pain.

SQ5
Ours is reliable over WiFi. Two mini boxes, not one crash on either so far.

How old is your house?

I take back everything I said though as today on a hard wired connection, mini wouldn't work even though everything hard wired.

Box connection and network both ticked too!

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
How old is your house?

I take back everything I said though as today on a hard wired connection, mini wouldn't work even though everything hard wired.

Box connection and network both ticked too!

1989. Thick brick internal walls throughout, one mini box downstairs in the girl's playroom, one upstairs in our bedroom.

The WiFi survey showed all three boxes are equidistant from each other so the signal to and from all can go either way, direct or via the other box.

BT home hub is our router if that makes any difference.

withoutabix

ClioSport Club Member
I've been having major issues with my Mini box tonight!

Has taken nearly two hours to finally get it working again but even still it keeps saying connection issues every 15mins or so. One minute is was stating there was no network connection then that would sort itself and then it was the connection to the silver box. My router and silver box have been reset about 6 times this evening much to my frustration!

Getting to the end of my tether with it really, it's an expensive product so I don't think I should be expected to deal with this kinda stuff on average my mini box is having to be reset at least twice a week!

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
I've been having major issues with my Mini box tonight!

Has taken nearly two hours to finally get it working again but even still it keeps saying connection issues every 15mins or so. One minute is was stating there was no network connection then that would sort itself and then it was the connection to the silver box. My router and silver box have been reset about 6 times this evening much to my frustration!

Getting to the end of my tether with it really, it's an expensive product so I don't think I should be expected to deal with this kinda stuff on average my mini box is having to be reset at least twice a week!
I called them today and threatened to cancel. They have called an engineer out for two weeks time and credited my account with £50.

I know there is no safety issue with these boxes but I can't believe they have released these boxes with such an issue.

Knowing the issue exists and continuing to sell them is boarder line illegal to be honest.