ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sky

Recently cancelled our broadband service and looking for a new provider. I want to go with sky but just read a few things on their site wanting to sum up a few questions.

1. Do you have sky TV to be able to get their broadband? (We currently don't have sky just freeview)

2. How much is the package for sky tv + broaband + phoneline?

3. How much is 8mb unlimited download a month?

4. How much is 16mb unlimited download a month?

You have to have sky tv to get the broadband.

You get free broadband if your in their area. We're not, so pay £10 a month for 8mb with them as out of the free area.

tv packages start at £17 a month. We pay £18 I think.

I'm not sure on download limit is? I think it's unlimited though.

Dirty E91
2Mb is" free" if you take it with TV and Telephone which costs £17 a month for the basic Sky+ package, add £5 for 8Mb and £10 for 16Mb, these prices are if you are in a sky braodband area if not they you can get something Sky Connect but it's not cheap.

I got 2mb braodband, telephone and SKY+ HD for £27 a month.

Yeah, we got it free. We were recommended by the g/f's parents. Just get someone with sky to recommend you.

Mercedes AMG GLE 53
Just phone them and tell them you want sky but aint paying the £99. You will get it. Its the monthly subscription that is important to them.

Just spoke to them basically this is what I was told

£99 for the box + free setup + broadband activation

Then

£32 a month for basic channels + unlimited broadband speeds upto 16mb + free weekend and evening calls

£50 a month for basic channels + sports + unlimited broadband speeds upto 16mb + free weekend and evening calls

£57 a month for basic channels + sports + movies + unlimited broadband speeds upto 16mb + free weekend and evening calls

I asked her 3 times if it was possible to get the free box and she said no the offers finished. I said i'm not interested then and she was like oh the offer may come back in the future do you want me to take your details and ring you back.

Does this sound right? Any advice please on reducing monthly costs or getting free box

Audi S1
I hate sky... i have two big trees out side my house which block the reception... so the engineers said the onlu way i will get it if i put a pole in my back garden mount the dish on that.. my package was going to be £98 but yet they wouldnt sort out the contractor to do the job so i said F off... just purchased a HDMI recorder freeview box 250gb...£120 cooool

The offer must still be on? It was advertised today. Quote IAF08.

We got a free box (sky+) but had to pay £30 installation. Then £17 a month for basic channels a £1 extra for each mix. So we pay £18 a month for sky.

We then got sky broadband connect 8mb for £10 a month, and got sent a free wireless router.

So all in all, we pay £28 a month for sky+ and 8mb broadband.

Haybails1980

ClioSport Club Member
HD box is £75 through the Sky website. Sky+ box is £99 through the website but is £75 if you take Broadband & SkyTalk.

Haybails1980

ClioSport Club Member
Recently cancelled our broadband service and looking for a new provider. I want to go with sky but just read a few things on their site wanting to sum up a few questions.

1. Do you have sky TV to be able to get their broadband? (We currently don't have sky just freeview)

2. How much is the package for sky tv + broaband + phoneline?

3. How much is 8mb unlimited download a month?

4. How much is 16mb unlimited download a month?

^^^I work for Sky - we have an offer on to friends and family (who haven't had Sky before):

1). Your friend can choose the kind of content that they want to watch:
Half price. Any Sky TV viewing package half price for 12 months (currently £17 - £47 per month).

2). As well as the Sky box that best suits their entertainment needs:

• Sky+HD box for £49 (was £150)
• HD Mix is required for HD viewing (for £10 a month).

Or
• Sky+ box for £75 (was £150)

Or
• Free standard Sky box

3). All with free standard installation

4). Plus 3 months free Sky Talk Unlimited:
They can also take Sky Talk Unlimited absolutely free for 3 months (normally £5 a month) - they’ll enjoy unlimited UK1 landline calls 24/7, unlimited landline calls to 20 popular international destinations including USA, Australia, Canada, Ireland and Spain2. And don’t forget that calls to Sky’s call centres are free .

Please ensure that your friends choose their Sky TV packages carefully because if they want to change their mixes within the first 12 months they will lose the offer and be required to pay full standard price.

PM me if you want an offer code for this.