ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Slight leak in radiator

Renaultsport Clio 197 R27
hey i found out 2 day that i have slight leak in the radiator i was going to try Holts Radweld meant to stop the leaks anyone tried it if so did it work lol cheers

Nawt!!!Off road Quad!
use it on the lorries in work, works if its just a pin hole leak .... try it got nothing to lose!

yea it only pin hole i think lol but will try it like you said nothing to lose thanks for fast reply let ya no 2moz or i will be asking how much for new 1 lol

Dodgy one
Ive used it before on an old Corsa Runaround and it worked but i wouldnt use it on my Clio, Id replace the rad

Dodgy one
Because it cost me more than £200 lol

I dont stick any additives in my engines, Eggs, Porridge, rice etc in the Rad either The latter do the same as Radweld as temp solutions

hey ppl i have used that radweld and it seems do have done the job no more leaks cheers but it only a temp thing lol

RB 182 & Lotus Evora
problem with radweld is it doesnt just stay in the rad. It gets flushed around all the water ways including the engine. I think you made a mistake using it personally as ive seen the mess it makes to the engine block and water paths once radweld has been used. On a celica i worked on where the rad was filled with radweld, i did the head gasket and noticed it blew the head gasket as a RESULT of using radweld. This was because all the water ways on the bottom block and clogged up with said radweld and stopped the water flowing through the engine, in turn warping the head and blowing.

i no other ppl that have used it and had no problems with it but it only a solution till i can get new rad but thanks for your heads up

RB 182 & Lotus Evora
I think in most cases it will be OK but not ideal. It depends on the water tracts and there design i guess. On the celica in question these were not very wide and any obstruction caused an issue. Personally i still wouldnt want this s**t sitting around any part of my engine, as its a royal pain to get out unless your stripping the engine right down. All the best with it though.