ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

slipping wheels

Golf GTD Mk7
When i have been doing full lock in a car park for example and its slightly wet on the floor i can hear the front tyres slipping laterally. Embarrassing really. They still have a bit of tred left on them. Is this normal?

Octy vRS & Ninja 650
Becaude the car's french, so made out of recycled yoghurt pots and wishful thinking?? lol

Not sure, but annoys me too, it did get rid if it for a while when I changed the top mounts, but its back with a vengance now! :(

172cup
205 tyres do it on clios, just slightly too wide for the front. Go to 195's,... it'll stop.

195's on the front, 205's on the back ftw tbh

172cup
oh sorry, ive seen a few posts on here from people who have had the exact same experience as me, and with changing from 205s to 195s... it sorted it straight away.

In fact it is a lot of people... but it might be a different issue to mine. It actually makes the wheels 'jump' on a straight line, almost as if they are being dragged by the rest of the car.

Golf GTD Mk7
what mount washer makes the difference? if any. Its wierd, i've drove lots of clios, but only the RS do it. Strange. Could it be that PE2's are crap until warmed?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
How would the washer make any difference, it's just cos they slide. Cos the outside wheel is turned slightly more than the other.

Golf GTD Mk7
its at like crawling pace. i.e. clutch out, no accelleration. its strange. Thought it might have had something to do with the suspension or tracking.

Bumder With A Buffer
what mount washer makes the difference? if any. Its wierd, i've drove lots of clios, but only the RS do it. Strange. Could it be that PE2's are crap until warmed?

Thats a very long winded read about tyre pressures/temperatures etc!

I think people were getting confused with the knocking noise you get from the top mounts sometimes on the sports maybe.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
its at like crawling pace. i.e. clutch out, no accelleration. its strange. Thought it might have had something to do with the suspension or tracking.

It's cos one wheel is actually being pushed sideways on full lock if you get me, my 15"s are awull for it.