ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Slluggish and low limiter

172 Cup
I think i know what the issue is from a few searches and previous experience with cars but im a Honda man and new to Renaults so i thought I better check.

I've had the car two weeks and the first week the weather was awful so it got no stick but now its got a bit milder i thought its time to let it stretch its legs. After a good blast the rev limit is around 6500rpm and the temperature gauge is a smidge below half way. Its behaving as if the engine is cold when i can gaurentee its deffinitely not. From what i've read this is the cold limiter.

Should the temp gauge be in that position? As its sat solidly there i would have thought the thermostat is working correctly so it could be an odd reading on the ECU?

Is there a sensor for the gauge and another for the ECU?

Any help would be gladly appreciated as i've only played with B series Hondas for the last 7 years so it all feels a little unfamiliar at the minute.

Thanks in advance.

Rob

Mk2 Ph2 172
I would get a diagnostic check there you can see what temp the sensors is tell the ecu what it is... Could be a temp sensor on the way out