ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

slugish acceleration

ibiza cupra
ive noticed that since having the cambelt and lamba sensor done that it doesnt realy like to start in the morning without a blip on the throttle and it doesnt seem to be as eager to go as it usto. there is no loss top end and once it gets going it is fine so i thinkit would be discribed as a flat spot. i know they arnt at theyr best in the lowwer revs but im not sure wether this is what they are like normally or wether somthing is wrong. any ideas?
also its quite jurky when cold even if i keep my foot in the same posision on the pedle. the gears are also quite jurky untill its warmed up but it just put that down to the oil needing to get round the box. i dont thrash it when cold so this is all happening below 3000 revs.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
hmmm it sounds like a usual clio thing, but if it hasnt happened before!! Maybe a leak on the Zorst?

ibiza cupra
hhmmmmm maybe as i did the lamba sensor myself but didnt want to overtighten it. so i might not have tightened it up enough, or maybe ive disturbed an old rusty joint in the system whilst taking the old one out, that has crumbled and formed a hole (fingers crossed so i haveto put a decent one on oh dear lol).

Renault Clio 1.2 16V
i had same problem but as well as this it used to start cutting out was a loose wire on the lume going to a sensor(dont know which tho sorry ) which had shrunk due to heat and come loose :(

Ian

Focus TDCi
I've not actually checked, but I'm 99% sure my exhaust has a major leak. Takes ages for the acceleration to kick in now, sounds stupid too - extremely raspy.