ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Small PC Upgrade - Advice needed.

Shed.
Well im on socket 939. Single core 3500+. Time for an upgrade, unfortunately im not going to be able to upgrade just one component, so an upgrade to another cpu will mean upgrading both the motherboard and ram at the same time.

Im looking at:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ (3ghz clock speed and a 2MB L2 Cache)
ASUS Crosshair Motherboard
Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800 (4-4-4-12 800mhz)

~£225

I may look into other ram seeing as the XMS2 isnt the best but for the 800mhz crap i dont think its too bad and its cheap.

Along with that ive already got:

Corsair 520 Watt PSU
Nvidia Gefore 7900GTX
Soundblaster Platinum X-fi Fatality edition.

- I barely play games and struggle to keep playing a game for more than 5 minutes because i find most of them cheesey, lame and boring. But when i do its for the more system eating games such as Crysis and Stalker (both of which are fun fine on my current system), but the single core processor can be a pain most of the time and i regularly use the computer

Would you reccomend anything else, i dont want to spend a shedload, and is AMD going out of fasion like 939 did so fast ?

megane/clio
i used to be amd fan as well , amd used to rule the roost but intel pulverised them when they bought out the core2duos , have a look round the net for reviews and comparisons , as for nvidia totally agree i love my 8800