ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

smaller number plates

clio 172 cup
well duno what size the are just he smaller ones than normal not like a bike plate i have seen them on here. just wundering if youget done or just get a producer to change it.

You'll get done if the copper's having a bad day tbh, unless it's really blatantly small. Usually you'd get a producer, or verbal warning.

LY R26 230 F1 Team
You'll get done if the copper's having a bad day tbh, unless it's really blatantly small. Usually you'd get a producer, or verbal warning.

Yup what he said, i've had my smaller plate on for a month or two now, driving past the local cop shop every day and into birmingham with millions of boys in blue and nobody had batted an eyelid.

In short though they are still illegal.

chris

LY R26 230 F1 Team
My smaller plate, hardly noticable really
clio005.jpg

3 Series touring
Generaly i think most of them don't ar are unsure of the size requirements (unless its blatantly illegal) sol are fairly unlikely to stop you...however if its a traffic copper that is having a bad day you can bet he know the exact size needed and would love to give out a fine.

182, SQ7, Trafic
Been stopped once, second week I had it and he gave me a warning. Didn't change it, been pulled a few times over the last year since having it not one has cared!

Clio S & VW T5
simple answer, yes. a £30 non endorsable (no points) ticket.
Like others have said, a lot depends, just how small the numbers are and how polite you are when you get pulled...

172 Cup
I got pulled over for number plate in pic 1... copper said I had to change it or would be fined... I pulled a standard plate out the boot and said I was on the way / way back from a show.

Now have the plate in pic number 2, mates a copper and said he wouldn't pull me for it.

Pic #1
19022009650-1.jpg

Pic #2
19042009975.jpg

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
LOL, my god. Was that just used at shows or on the road aswell?

ben, was used for a good 6months! Nearly got busted. Seen a copper look at it, turn the blue's on but he was on the other side of the road! Bubbye!

Off Topic... thats an awesome pic, shows how wide the V6 really is... *some day*

cheers was from FCS!

Unfortuneately. The recess on the vee is not 90mm! lol. As i found out the other day when i ordered a plate. it's 98mm. Just shy of the size of a full plate.

ben, was used for a good 6months! Nearly got busted. Seen a copper look at it, turn the blue's on but he was on the other side of the road! Bubbye!

cheers was from FCS!

Unfortuneately. The recess on the vee is not 90mm! lol. As i found out the other day when i ordered a plate. it's 98mm. Just shy of the size of a full plate.

Car is hugely epic!!! I want one badly!

Clio MK2
hey guys, where do you get your half/ smaller sized plates from? I think they look great and wouldnt mind one myself!