ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Smooth car

Would anyone know if i was too smooth out both my doors on my car would it pass the MOT without door handles and locks????

Also would the same go if i got the boot smoothed out, would that pass the MOT, just wondering for the future

you need handles on the door for mot. the argument is that if there was a crash and you were trapped inside then people outside must be able to gain entry

they dont? its an mot failure, not sure how tvrs etc pass but they have the button under the mirror so it could be that i suppose. basically, entry can not be solely from a fob, there must be somat else eg button under mirror

They must get round it somehow... else no one would have smoothed doors for longer than a year - unless, of course, they have a brand new car, in which case they can last for 3 years :D

Daz.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

the gaining entry thing this is strange

my car has that raid thing that locks the car as i go over 5mph

if i crashed the doors wouldnt open from the outside!!!!

i dont think thats right but............................

but if you crashed wouldnt you stop? so the doors open?

Or do you have to unlock manually?

Daz.

Clio Williams 1, 182,197

Raid feauture u speak of does open in the event of a crash. But only if the airbags are deployed.

your missing the point guys, if the door is locked then the window will have to be smashed or the door unlocked anyway.....my point is, and i know this for a fact....there must be some sort of door openeng mechanism, whether the door is locked does not matter, if there is no handle then you aint opening the door. any one who has had there handles shaved off without other means of opening the door(eg buton under the mirror) will fail there mot, any one who doesnt has got a dodgy mot. a key fob is not enough. hope this helps

Surely if you had your door handles removed youd have a solenoid popper put in anyway?! or u wouldnt be able to get in lol

I might get mine delocked since theyre pointless when you have an alarm

wouldnt bother with the boot. i think the renault diamond on the back is nice likes. Fair enough if you have a dirty saxo or something:)

Id be interested in removing the locks and handels, but ive got better things to buy first. 17s I WANT 17s

yeah, you would have a popper but it would not be enough to have it wired up to your alarm(on a fob) you would need a button on car to pass mot

I have a few good pictures of my clio smoothed out using paintshop, looks well.

Dont know how to get them on a post though???????

host them on your web space, or email them to me ill do it for you

then click on the button second from the end and insert the link.

email - mailto:johnbrown1996@hotmail.com">johnbrown1996@hotmail.com

if the colours got fooked on the send, save it as a jpeg first. i had to resize it and resave it over here. cos 250k is a bit big:)

Clio Williams 1, 182,197

I de-locked my doors !! Like you said pretty pointless with remote clocking. I left the one on the tailgate though. Simply as a emergency entry point. i.e just incase the battery goes flat.

And sure enough it !! So i was mighty pleased i left one access point. So if ya gonna do it make sure that you have got a back up plan for if ya battery goes flat.

Mine is fully smoothed no locks or handles whatsoever! Suppose I am going to have to sort out some external buttons for the doors then! As currently I have only got the drivers door opening of my alarm fob, but mine is a 16v so is a completely different look to yours.

Marcus

Does anybody thing that thats nice in the picture above. Its my car but ive used photo suite to smooth out the boot lid.

I think i might go ahead and get it done,

Any ideas on howmuch this would cost if anyones had it done

It does look well, have to say.

I think it will have to wait till after christmas though

and i think i wouldnt mind getting the V6 lookalike rear bumper with the twin exaust, i would have to get the number plate on the bumper somewhere.

Thanks clio john for posting the picture again