ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

snapped my wheel bolt :D help please?

J

jakm15

just put my wheel back on and snapped one of the bolts when I was tightening it up there was no grease on it so that’s probably why and also because of the shitty French nuts and my uncontroable strength lol! I am going to try and drill it out because it’s snapped about 4mm inside the hub. Any other ideas how to sort my f*ck up out.
I mint have to get a new hub, how do you get the hub off?? Also any estimates to a price for one off a scrappy I’m going to take it off myself if someone will tell me how

Thanks.

Weld a strong piece of metal to it and then twist! I think most garages can sort this kind of thing too.

M235i / 172
If it wasnt tight going in then you should be able to knock it around with a center punch/scriber or the such like. Failing that, its easier to tack a piece on than drill it out, or drill it for an easy out.

where are you in the world mate? i did the same not too long ago and have had it drilled out for about 25 quid. guy came with special drill pieces that almost attach and drill in the anti clockwise position, meaning the bolt undrills itself lol

can supply the number if needed.

jamie

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
hub is a 30mm socket and then a log on strength to take it off mate.

Learnt Today: Always greese a bolt when its going back in!

J

jakm15

Ye I think they’re going to drill it out I used to work there so it mint be a freebie. Ill suggests welding something onto it but I think that mint be difficult as it’s about 4mm inside the hub. Ye that’s my lesson for the day loll. I’m in Wigan ill have his number in case they can’t do it. Don’t think you will be able knock it out because it’s super tight that’s why it snapped I was kind of jumping on the spanner

cheers everyone

J

jakm15

ye ive heard of one just dont have one :D my wheels are staying on from now on unless a garage takes them off i cant control my own strengh. i mint super glue the nut back then and take my car to a renault garage and tell them to have a look at my disc or something and then look shocked when they snap my bolt and demand they fix it (or is that abit naughty) id laugh if the nut came out lol.

clio 172
if its only 4mm in to the hub...then it dint snap through over tightening..cuz it wouldnt even be tight at that point.was the bolt in straight?

J

jakm15

no I don’t mean it only went in the hub 4mm I mean the bolt was in all the way but it didn’t snap with a bit sticking out or flush it snapped inside the hub about 4mm inside

its sorted out now anyway £25, they couldn’t drill it or knock it out or twist it, it was too tight they had to strip my hub down, still only got 3 bolts though they are getting one delivered tomorrow so ill go and get it fitted tomorrow.