ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Snooper worth the money

Can anyone give me some advice about Snoopers, or similar devices?

Are they worth the money? do they work and give you enough notice or just tell you youve just been caught? if anyone could help me out with some advice and good makes and models. not too keen on the GPS ones with yearly subscriptions.

Around my area i know the fixed cameras, its the handheld b******s i dont like.

Cheers

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

the origin b2 is the BEST system on the market but it is gps, saying that its a bloody good system.

Nothing protects you from hand held lasers in enough time.. IF and thats IF laser detectors pick up the laser getting you, youve got 0.3 seconds to slow down becuase thats how long it takes a copper to get you with one from up to 2 miles away..

Best options are the laser diffusers that block the coppers laser for 5 seconds, giving you that time to slow down.. Have a good excuse for having one fitted to your car though ifor if you get caught with one.

Ive been toying with the idea of getting something, but after some extensive research, there really is NO legal defence against mobile lasers and tripod set ups.. All these fancy pieces of kit do is tell you of where all fixed units are efficiently

Mk5 R32 (ex.182 (Cupped))

Yeah but, the laser detectors , like the one that comes with origin b2 helps, cause the cop might be targetting another car , it would pick it up and warn u? Then youll have a few seconds to slow down at least?

Unlikely im afraid.. Unlike Radar guns that produce Radar scatter signals, the laser signal is only 1 metre wide at a distance of 1 mile away.. therefor if youve got the laser detector sensors in your windscreen, EVEN THAT may not pick up the laser which is on your number plate.. The best place to fit it is behind your grill if your addement on having one..

Its amazing how many people think that they save you because they say "detects laser" on the packaging.. Do some research and youll see yourself..