ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Snow Foam Help

172 + 350z
So I am total newbie to snow foam and I admit I know very little!
I was hoping some one can give some advice on using it and what brands to use.
I basically have a snow foam lance and have bought a product called demon as it was the only product stocked at the local motor factors. I gave the car a quick rinse down, then covered in snow foam, left for a couple of minutes then rinsed. My issue is it doesn't seem to be moving all the muck and a thin layer is been left.
Either the product is not good, seems very runny or I am expecting too much, alternatively I have no idea what I am doing and someone can hopefully put me right lol. Cheers

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Also, how well protected is the car? Snow foam won't clean the car, it effectively softens the dirt so the pressure washer can spray it off. Will always leave 'some' - If the car is protected, it will do a better job.

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
As RyG says. dont expect the foam to completely clean the car it is designed to loosen the dirt & grime. I recommened Autobrite magifoam for snowfoam

Golf GT & A4 Avant
As said above, the bottle you have is a detergent bottle for dousing the car in shampoo solution, you need a proper snow foam lance to get a foam that clings as it mixes differently.

Is the foam you have a car plan demon shine snow foam, green in colour? If it is its not the best but will do an average job but there are others with better cleaning power.

Also a snow foam is not a touchless wash in any sense. On a well protected car it can soften then when pressure rinsed remove 90% of dirt and grime but will still need physical contact to wash off the last.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
I rate this above Auto Finesse Avalanche 100% - But I think AB Magifoam is he best ai have tried

Performance/price i think its great.

As the OP seems to be new to this, i think its nice and cheap to get him started. :)

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Is that foam completely LSP safe though?

Reads pH neutral, safe on paint etc but no mention of wax safe. It does claim to cut through traffic film which worries me. I know VP make a couple of non wax safe foams and odds washes so a little cautious with these.

I won't use RDS on anything other than wheels now as I don't think it's completely LSP safe

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Was that directed to me Dave?

from what I've read it is wax safe as long as you dilute correctly. but if you don't dilute it correctly it's not that good.

it doesn't seem to have touched the finest on my car but then again that was always pretty s**t

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
^^^ It cost me next to nothing to have it fitted along side the cold outside tap ( a good mate is a plumber) I will never live without one again mind. :approve:

172 + 350z
As said above, the bottle you have is a detergent bottle for dousing the car in shampoo solution, you need a proper snow foam lance to get a foam that clings as it mixes differently.

Is the foam you have a car plan demon shine snow foam, green in colour? If it is its not the best but will do an average job but there are others with better cleaning power.

Also a snow foam is not a touchless wash in any sense. On a well protected car it can soften then when pressure rinsed remove 90% of dirt and grime but will still need physical contact to wash off the last.

Thank you pretty much clears it up.
Yes the one I have is the demon shine snow foam.

I will have to have a look for a snow foam lance, any recommendations? I have a karcher pressure washer, but don't think that will make a difference?

For years I have hand washed and used the hose pipe but now seen I have a pressure washer fancy using that. Good to clear up will still need some contact for the last bit.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
The snow foam lances are all much the same, just check for varying prices. They come with different screw on attachments so the plastic end is all that changes to make it suit either a nilfisk or karcher etc.

Keep up with what you've got, it's still better than a bare pressure rinse. Or try the snow foam in a hand pump sprayer, typically I've tried it diluted 10:1 with water and use it as a pre spay and soak the lower halves of the car, and before it dries pressure rinse it off.