ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

So... Whats actually wrong with GAZ suspension.

Gay Clio 172 phs1
I know a lot of people dislike them, and a lot of people Like them. People moaning that they are skittish etc blar blar so before I send my £££ off for a set of GHA's what I'd like to know is from the peole who have used them what spring rate did you select, what style of driving you do and how you get on with them.

I'm not a ***** and will play about with spring rates, damper settings along with cast, camber and toe settings. I personally cannot decide on which way I want to go with them as a lot of people are saying they are too stiff?

The set I'm having made up is with a rear coilover unit So I was going to go for a 300 front and 350 rear hopefully i can use this as a basic setup and play about with things. Another question is what spring rates are AST using.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
I had Gaz golds and a front and rear shock leaked all their oil out lol, apart from that I was really happy with them.

Stripped yozza'd cup
I've seen an awful lot of threads saying 'my Gaz have failed'.

They're just not very good. Considering you can buy Bilstein's for not a lot more money, you'd have to be mental to buy Gaz IMO.

I thought the same as you a while ago as they're very good on other cars, but they just don't suit the clio.

Lionel Richie
they're ok, better than the cheap s**t £300 jobbies flying about, but they ain't on par with zee german stuff, end of

RB 182 cup
ive had my set for 2 years now with no faults at all. i loved mine right from the start and cannot fault them end of

260% JCW
I know a lot of people dislike them, and a lot of people Like them. People moaning that they are skittish etc blar blar so before I send my £££ off for a set of GHA's what I'd like to know is from the peole who have used them what spring rate did you select, what style of driving you do and how you get on with them.

I'm not a ***** and will play about with spring rates, damper settings along with cast, camber and toe settings. I personally cannot decide on which way I want to go with them as a lot of people are saying they are too stiff?

The set I'm having made up is with a rear coilover unit So I was going to go for a 300 front and 350 rear hopefully i can use this as a basic setup and play about with things. Another question is what spring rates are AST using.

Like all things on CS, one person has a bad experience and then everyone jumps on the bandwagon, as posted above some people have had good experiences with them.

Lots of people I know run gaz suspension on different cars not only clios, they offer a good warranty so it isn't really a problem if they do go wrong. I run them on my ph1 and love them couldn't argue with them at all and they are literally 10 mins from my house so can't really argue if I have any issues

2.2 bar shed.
Mine are fantastic. Although a grand total of 8 miles have been done on them in the past year... Go low as f**k tho.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
w**k, not typing my thoughts again, but you can search if you wish!
Billies, H&R, KW in a different league!