ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Which top mounts should i go for?

Clio 172 Phase 1
Hey guys i looked a lot here in the forum what top mounts are working with the Bilstein B14?

i heard that there are top mounts you weld in? i dont wanna weld the top mounts in so i wanna get some i bolt in. and i would like to still use my OMP strut brace.

Maybe its the easiest way to get the PMS ones or the one from KTec?

i wanna hear what you guys say about it and give me some advice please.

thanks for helping😄

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
I’m not convinced the omp brace will do much on a 1*2 personally if that’s the deciding factor pal

PMS so a brace that mounts to the top mounts which would make more sense

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
Second the PMS top mounts. I’ve had two 172’s with them and they do the job well.

Easy to fit. Drill three holes in each mounting point for them. It if you want to use the PMS strut brace make sure you drill them the right orientation.

And I think if you need a different option for them to fit the Bilstein B14’s. It’s just a section box before you add to basket on the PMS website.

Clio 172 Phase 1
Second the PMS top mounts. I’ve had two 172’s with them and they do the job well.

Easy to fit. Drill three holes in each mounting point for them. It if you want to use the PMS strut brace make sure you drill them the right orientation.

And I think if you need a different option for them to fit the Bilstein B14’s. It’s just a section box before you add to basket on the PMS website.
yea you can choose two options but how do i find yout what is for the b14 i bought the car with the b14 already in so i dont know ahahha
1701015157744.png

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
For a road car? Put some new standard top mounts on. I had B14's on my 182 and fitted pms mounts and brace and the only difference I noticed was the horrible noise it made crashing over the fucked things we call roads. I put standard top mounts back on and it was much more enjoyable as a daily.

Clio 172 Phase 1
For a road car? Put some new standard top mounts on. I had B14's on my 182 and fitted pms mounts and brace and the only difference I noticed was the horrible noise it made crashing over the fucked things we call roads. I put standard top mounts back on and it was much more enjoyable as a daily.
first its not a road car, i gonna build a track tool😅😅😅
and what did you used for camber then? only camber bolts?
some guy said to me its not a bad idea to get top mounts, am i wrong?