ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Social or social and commuting

This is my first thread so hello to everyone out there :)

I have just bought a 182 about a week ago and have some fairly good insurance, but I have only put down i use the car for social driving. Should i tell the insurance company that i also use it for commuting to work everyday?

I was thinking it may increase the premium a lot, and in all fairness how would the insurance company know that if i crashed that it was on my way to work apart from the rough time and rough area of the crash - couldnt i say i was driving back from a friends house and it was a coincidence?

Thanks,
lucy

german
Welcome to CS

I don't think the cost would increase much, do it (or buy a cheaper car you can afford to insure properly).

I could afford to insure it properly, I just didnt look into putting it onto the policy. going to give them a ring and let you know how much it goes up by :)

As above. Do it properly.

I need business on my policy, it only cost me the fee to reissue the documents and I was 19 at the time!

Ended up being only anothef £17 for the year pennies really.

Seems like an easy way fir insurance compaines to get a little more from the more honest people around. I dont see how they could prove you were going to work but i aggree in getting insurance propperly.

I got a refund when I went to commuting as well due to changing to a lower risk job ftw :L

In regards to finding out if you were going to work, a claims investigator would know, especially if they suspected foul play.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
ive always wondered this... my job means i work shifts which start 6-3, 11-8, 8-6

appart from the 3 o clock going home time i dont travel in the usual times where it gets busy back and fore to work, so how would they know and why do i bother insuring it on my policy? surely im at no more of a risk driving back and fore from my girlfriends house at random times of the day as i am from my house to work?

Evo 8 MR
insure it as u will but your right imo. It would be impossible for them to prove you were going/returning from work.

So if someone belts the car whilst your at work or someone steals it, you just tell them you were visiting your friend who happens to live at a Royal mail sorting office (for example).

Think about it ffs.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Insurance company
"So you crashed pulling out of the entrance to your work"
You
"yes I was driving back from a friends house"
Insurance.
"Yeah right"

brisa4984

ClioSport Club Member
So if someone belts the car whilst your at work or someone steals it, you just tell them you were visiting your friend who happens to live at a Royal mail sorting office (for example).

Think about it ffs.

shes referring to a crash in close approximation to her work.. no mention of a theft at a work carpark.

think about it..