ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Softmodding an Xbox 360

Oggy997

ClioSport Club Member
  997.1, Caddy, e208
Are you a member on DW Billy?

Your not the guy who nearly got banned from speeding?

Oh and if you want somenoe to do it, I would recommend Fraudster, dont worry about his name ;)

IIRC the only drive that has issues is the Hitachi 078 model.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
www.xbox-scene.com is where you need to go.

Its quite easy to do, only takes 10 minutes but if you use the two wire trick dont mess it up or you will kill your 360

GW RS200
www.xbox-scene.com is where you need to go.

Its quite easy to do, only takes 10 minutes but if you use the two wire trick dont mess it up or you will kill your 360

OK, so I have an extremely early XB360 with a Hitachi/LG drive and an empty Sunday afternoon. Sounds distinctly possible. Where do you get the actual firmware downloads, though? Seems to say "Download: n/a (might be illegal to distribute under DMCA/EUCD)" for every single one?

Cheers!

Steve

Clio 172 Mk2
go on www.xbox-entertainment.co.uk mate. They do it you for 55 quid which includes picking the console up from your house and delivering it back to you a couple of days later. Brilliant once you've got it done best 55 quid i've spent on it, had about 5 mates have it done through that site as well all sweet

Clio 172 Mk2
yeah u need to burn onto dual layer discs mate. Verbatims are the best brand to use for the 360 games but they're quite expensive. worth it though. Its quite complicated modding the firmware yourself, you need the connectivity kit first to connect the 360 drive up to your pc, a lot of hassle really

golf r32
go on www.xbox-entertainment.co.uk mate. They do it you for 55 quid which includes picking the console up from your house and delivering it back to you a couple of days later. Brilliant once you've got it done best 55 quid i've spent on it, had about 5 mates have it done through that site as well all sweet

just done this , do they email me will what date that ups are collecting ??

-stu-

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
yeah u need to burn onto dual layer discs mate. Verbatims are the best brand to use for the 360 games but they're quite expensive. worth it though. Its quite complicated modding the firmware yourself, you need the connectivity kit first to connect the 360 drive up to your pc, a lot of hassle really

lol.. you dont need a connectivity kit unless your gay (joke..)

Dont bother with the connectivity kit though, the amount of people that have bricked their 360 cause of it ..

Just need two wires to force the drive into mode b (or you can try the linux boot disk but that didnt seem to work for me) firmware you can get anywhere (try mininova, or try the xbox 360 binaries newsgroup)

Clio 172 Mk2
5tupot yeah you'll get an email mate, will probably be picked up 2moro or tuesday, its an awesome service, best 55 quid you'll spend when you see how much money you will save on the games!! wink wink. You must destroy game backups if you dont have the originals of course ;) :D

dk

911 GTS Cab
how does live work with this?

Is it a problem? Will MS be able to change your firmware back with a future live update?

Oggy997

ClioSport Club Member
  997.1, Caddy, e208
No-one knows.....Live works fine, but they could just be harvesting info.

Halo 2 was similar when everyone starting getting banned on Live on the xbox.

Many also believe the Fall Update had firmware detection in it, but it was not implemented by MS properly, thats why even standard consoles got the E66 error.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
Xbox was a bigger problem for M$ as people were hacking the files to make themselfs invincible etc... xbox 360 is not such a big problem for them just now as now files can be modified without breaking M$'s digital signature.