ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Software differences?

mace¬

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio
I've only got an old crappy PC and monitor but I don't think this should make any difference.

When I open a photo in the CANON supplied editing software (CANON Proffessional Editor or something) the picture looks OK, I then transfer to photoshop and the brightness changes quite a bit. Its not to much of a problem because I can adjust it back to how it was.

Does different software do this or have I got some settings wrong somewhere? all the pictures are in RAW also.

Cheers.

mace¬

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio
I dont think photoshop handles raw with good effect - hence the problem. I think thats the case anyway!

** edit that... you can get a raw plug in for photoshop.

http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop/cameraraw.html

OK, so scrap all the photos I just took in RAW and use the L type on the camera as I'm no good in photoshop anyway.

oh and neither will be how the picture gets printed

Now I'm really confused:S So how do I know how they'll look printed?

1.8 Civic EX
OK, so scrap all the photos I just took in RAW and use the L type on the camera as I'm no good in photoshop anyway.

oh and neither will be how the picture gets printed

Now I'm really confused:S So how do I know how they'll look printed?

get them printed...it's the only way. Pics will always look different on the pc due to moniter settings (colour/contrast/brightness) etc...

A4 Avant
People pay thousands to get their monitor colours to be caliberated with their printers. It's better just to print a photo to see how it looks then tweak to your tastes.

mace¬

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio
Ok I'm with you, so do printers print the same? If I took a picture, adjusted it, printed it on a printer and I was happy with it, and then thought one day I wanted it blown up A3 or something and took it to a print shop, would the printers identify the same colours?

chances are no

they all need to be calibrated to the same levels there are standards but most places dont care enough to make sure they stay at those levels