ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

some 1 help my mate and his valver!

Titanium 182

gotta feel for the lad

me and my friend both wanted 16vs i had the chance at a N reg cheap one with lether etc, had a drive of it and i was very disapointed, i have a vtr and that felt as fast/ a little faster! lol

so i left the car and went to view one i seen advertised on this forum and bought it, :), it goes really well

he bought this 1 i left not knowing id sacked it off, he took me out in it and i was like its slow as, he said his corsa 1.6 sport was faster :(

so he had the engine a good service new oil plugs filters, and it was still the same, he then got a decat and it was still slow!

so he opted for a new engine to be fitted to the car and went to a local garage he always uses, who said they knew where they was an engine, they changed the cam belt and servied the new engine and fitted it/ replaced other parts such as the rotor arm or cap summit i think

and its still feels slow

so hes now spent around 1500 trying to make his valver go well/feel as fast as std should and nothing has come out of it, its just feels very under powerd and slow, what can he try next? or what could it be?

any help would be much apreciated, thanks

He had a new engine because his car felt slow! Blimey thats pretty drastic. I thought you were supposed to start off with the small things and work your way up. Anyway has he tried swopping the ecu with yours just for an hour or so? The ECU can effect the whole cars behaviour if it is calculating the wrong fuel mixture etc. If his car is quicker with your ecu then he needs a new one. Check the route of the air flow to the filter, make sure nothing is blocked and that the air box and pipe are well sealed so the engine is not sucking in hot air from the engine bay. Maybe replace the fuel filter if this is blocked it will cause problems. Is the fuel pressure correct? Maybe the injectors are blocked, perhaps get these professionally cleaned. If all this fails take it to renault for a fault code reading, it costs about 30 quid and if the ecu is showing a fault youll find out what it is.

Clio 182 w/ cup packs

Maybe its his imagination.

When I drive mine it doesnt feel very quick, but if I sit in my mates 106 GTi it feels well fast. Even though our cars are practically the same performance wise!

There cant be that much wrong with it if hes had all that work done.

Titanium 182

nah its not his imagination at all

my saxo vtr is as qucik as it and faster going to 60?

thats definate proof thats somethings up

and hes drove my clio the other day and couldnt belive it, and vice versa i drove his thought what a load of w**k!

If hes put a new engine in it then the chances of something being wrong with that one too are slim. As said above, its likely to be the ECU....