ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Some Clios at Santa Pod today 16th October

lol at the 1.1 pop plus badge on that mk2 fiesta !!
Craig - your valver still got that plate on it ?? I thought it belonged to clean16v ?

wasnt a bad day, did you not see the valver and the williams in the field on the left opposite the fairground rides!!!!

and what was wrong with craigs car, saw it was being towed away

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
yeh iv not got round to sorting the plate yet like!

need to get it swapped back to the normal one!

might be cheaper to change my name actually! lol

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
see theres a few sneaky pics of my cup there (vs pick up and Focus RS)
Was quite a good day but bit busy!
Nice to meet you adam by the way (i was the guy with all the boring questions bout your TB's!)

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
yeah its fine danny! :)

had a bit of trouble when i was going home, the bugger wouldnt start, and ti was that loud with all the bikes revvin their tits off i got a tow to the exit where it was quiet!

turned out was just a dodgy conncetion on the fuel pump! sorted it and drove home in the end after a bit of fuking about!

nice to met you too dave, think i saw ur car in the queue, lookin good!

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
sorry to hear bout yur trouble mate least ya got it sorted! i saw more than as few car go home on the backs of lowloaders!

COOPER MY08/POLO MY93
i see a pic of my orange 182 there! probably just got thrashed by my mates elise green s1! oh well need more practice! dam it!

Disappointing that I saw none of you down there on the Saturday, I expected a few more to be down there for the night show.

Saw a nice little V6, Blue, nice centre exit exhaust, running mid 14's throughout the day iirc.

I think I saw two other valvers, one black one, average condition with OZ Polaris wheels and the other was blue with morrettes and black turinis iirc.

I was there, (grey valver) bonnet removed and all! Only managed 5 runs, first time I've dragged it or really done any sort of aggressive launching in it. In each of my runs I knocked 0.1 second off. First run I did was a 16 second jobby and ended up doing a 15.5.

If I'm honest, it launches completely differently to my old car and I struggled to "learn" it. I just wasn't giving it enough revs off the line, as I was pulling away, a small amount of spin but then it bogged right down to about 2,700-3,000 as soon as it gained full grip.

I believe if I'd have kept the power down during the wheelspin period a little longer, when the clutch finally came fully up I'd be nearer the 5,000 mark and on the power band. My times got quicker as my 60ft time came down, terminal was about the 90 mph mark.

Disappointing and pleasing all at the same time. Good day out, I was with PSC, we had a fair few cars there lined up in the "bike pit" area, parallel to where people queued up for the strip. If I went again, based on how the car felt, I'd be disappointed if I didn't see early 15's next time.