ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Some people just dont want to sell their cars

Ph1
The guy was having some food not tit feeding or doing a life saving operation ffs.

Like folk can afford to be that casual about selling things with the current markets.

He should a been kissing this dudes feet for simply phoning up !!!

DCi 100
As soon as he answers i say i'm calling about the 182 and i spoke to him yesterday and he just says 'can you call me back, i'm having my tea'

Hey JD, I hope you read that :eek:

Some people are just c***s, other people are genuine and are more than willing to help.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
He is in the wrong - If he had said he was having his dinner and asked if he could call the chap back after im sure there would've been no problems!

As a salesman myself you have to put the buyer first if you want to be a success....Being keen and positive is half way to a sale when selling anything!

Just do what your doing and look elsewhere mate, plenty about....

Whos in the wrong...?

The seller or the OP?

:eek:

Not understanding ftl lol

He means the seller should have took you number and rang you back, which is the normal way to do things.

Otherwise you're still left guessing how long his meal time is going to be lol, then you wonder is it too "late" to ring back.

The guy was having some food not tit feeding or doing a life saving operation ffs.

Like folk can afford to be that casual about selling things with the current markets.

He should a been kissing this dudes feet for simply phoning up !!!

+1, it's a buyers market atm.

Corsa :$
if the guy had said " nows not convienient mate can you ring later" you would have been fine with that.. i would have done the same

M3 CSL, GT4 & SL
Well obviously its me, and the way i am.

Just when ive been trying to sell anything for 2 weeks i put the buyer first, no matter what time it is.

He didn't even offer to ring me back, just expected me to call again. Maybe its my loss

I agree with this, if I'm selling something the buyer comes first, if I'm busy I would offer to call them back. Some people have customer service and others well don't... I personally wouldn't buy, plenty more cars out there.

Mustang, S13, AX GT
I dont see what the problem is, f*cking annoying messing around on the phone then trying to find a pen and paper to take a number when your teas sat goin cold and the amount of dreamers that have probably already rang and asked him to knock £500 off as its hard times etc etc.

I'd have done the same, and if some-one answered the phone with that I'd ring them back about 30mins later. Not so hard is it.

Also, the salesman saying he's doing sales wrong, lol! At work I answer the phone with 'welcome to british gas, my names neil how can I help you?'. At home I answer with 'hello?'. Does that mean Im answering the phone all wrong at home lol.

LY 200
Haha - Are we just assuming this was done on a landline basis as two out of the three cars iv bought (the privately bought ones) were done mobile to mobile so without the number being witheld (which not many genuine people do) he would'nt have had to f**k about with a pen and paper anyway!

Danny i meant the seller was in the wrong mate - Any market is a buyers market and as pointed out especially in this climate!

I very much doubt id have made a thread out of the experience but i certainly wouldnt have followed up with another call......

Astra GSI, 172, Golf
i rang for a car once and the owner said can i call you back my wifes in labour..... WTF does this guy wanna sell his car or what , stupid how he puts little things before the sale of his car .

LY 200
Also, the salesman saying he's doing sales wrong, lol! At work I answer the phone with 'welcome to british gas, my names neil how can I help you?'. At home I answer with 'hello?'. Does that mean Im answering the phone all wrong at home lol.

FLOL - What a plank!

I do exactly the same but then at home im not representing a well respected organisation, just myself....I still have a well mannered way about me though which is the difference i suppose!

Clio 182 cup'd
lol I cant believe what Im reading. I think in these circumstances its really arragant to tell someone to call back because you're having tea! The guy answered the phone, so he might have well arranged a viewing while he was there.

Whenever I have sold cars (8 of them in my lifetime). I have always made an effort with the buyer, whether it be taking a call at an inconvenient time, or picking someone up from the train station.

At the end of the day, the seller has lost a potential buyer, and there might not be too many of them about at the moment. There are however, plenty of 172/182's about for the buyer, so keep looking!

Mustang, S13, AX GT
FLOL - What a plank!

I do exactly the same but then at home im not representing a well respected organisation, just myself....I still have a well mannered way about me though which is the difference i suppose!
That was exactly my point, u said it asthough he was doing a private sale in a very unprofessional manner, which is perfectly fine he's not doing anything professional or representing anything with a reputation, this made me lol.

LY 200
No but he's trying to sell something all the same and at the end of the day kneel the seller is not doing the buyer a favour it is the otherway round!

There is no wrong or right way to do a private sale but you can help yourself by helping the buyer all the same and as there is only one party who can put the final sealer on the deal this is important i think!

You get off on the wrong foot with him (the buyer), he more than likely doesnt give you his money and its anyones guess as to when you'll get another crack at it.

M3 CSL, GT4 & SL
That was exactly my point, u said it asthough he was doing a private sale in a very unprofessional manner, which is perfectly fine he's not doing anything professional or representing anything with a reputation, this made me lol.

He's representing himself and if he can't do that why buy off him.

Mustang, S13, AX GT
If you called me whilst I was having my tea I'd give you the same response tbh. If some-one politely asked you to call back when they've finished tea their tea I'd say it was perfectly reasonable. If he'd told you to f*ck off he's eating or something then fair enough...

LY 200
^Kneel your missing the point totally - Much like you assumed this wasnt done mobile to mobile so the OP's number would've appeared you are assuming the seller went about asking the OP to call back politely when in reality nobody knows this.....Some people have a way about them that can put you off as soon as you talk to them! :rolleyes:

As for this 'If you called me whilst I was having my tea I'd give you the same response tbh' i cant see what the massive deal is about a cold dinner when compared to the potential sale of a car worth thousands personally....Maybe you would change your tune if you were in the selling boat!? :S

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I now need to make a public apology to the seller :D

He rang me back today to follow it up, which is reasonable since it was well after 6 last night when i rang him and he was somewhat busy :p

PS 200
I now need to make a public apology to the seller :D

He rang me back today to follow it up, which is reasonable since it was well after 6 last night when i rang him and he was somewhat busy :p
The temptation to say "I'm having my evening to$$ can you call back" must have been overwhelming ;)

Honda & VW
I don't think the guy is out of order in that he said to call him back but understand your point, if someone's selling something you'd expect them to be grateful for the interest (especially in todays current climate).