ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Someone in Phillidelphia keeps signing me up to stuff?

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Hi,

This has been on going for a while now and I don't know if there is anything I can do about it.

Basically he keeps signing me up to a load of seemingly normal stuff.

i.e
Property websites
Various job applications
etc

Most recent one was this:

Dear lukebroad,

We are pleased to advise that you have been added as a Registered User to Firefighter Exam Prep. Please read the following information carefully and be sure to save this message in a safe location for future reference.

Portal Website Address: www.firefighterexamprep.com
Username: lukebroad2
Password: sirama12

Thank you, we appreciate your support...

Firefighter Exam Prep

Is there anything I can do other than ignore them? I'm guessing not but I don't want there to be any repercussions for me.

Bus w**ker
Which email address? Not a lot you can do about someone using your email on other sites and not really an issue unless they somehow get your other details and start signing you up for credit etc.

TBH you deserve it...

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
I get this too, someone with the same name as me in Australia, and Ireland

Australian one is mostly about church related shiz, Ireland bloke is heavily involved in the Special Olympics :p

It won't be that they're hijacking your email, it's just that their address is similar to yours and they've probably put it in wrong

It's a Gmail account, right?

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
^ yes mate.

The e-mail address they use is exactly the same as mine but with out a dot.

i.e mine is luke.broad
they type in lukebroad

it must get redirected or something.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Gmail doesn't notice dots (as it states in the above link).

Just start clicking 'reject' on anything you can .. or emailing back telling them to do one !

I still think this is the most elaborate Revlols prank ever... Soon you'll be legally married to someone in Philli and have 3 kids and a whole other life without even realising it !

SEAT Ibiza SC FR
Gmail doesn't notice dots (as it states in the above link).

Just start clicking 'reject' on anything you can .. or emailing back telling them to do one !

I still think this is the most elaborate Revlols prank ever... Soon you'll be legally married to someone in Philli and have 3 kids and a whole other life without even realising it !

Some c**t in Portsmouth is using my address atm. He just did a DPS thing for a rental house there, all the details got sent to me. He's called Oliver Brian Webb, different middle name to me. I logged in the DPS site, got his mobile number and text him this:

Stop using my email address. I got sent your DPS details and now I know all your personal info. Not smart!

I doubt that'll be the end of it though.

Tesla MP3 2021
Thanks for the heads up on the stage 2 verification, now setup on my Google accounts :)