ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Something is leaking from the front! Please help!!

Clio 182FF
Greetings,

So this is no doubt the first of many but after getting back from an appointment I noticed something dripping from the front. On closer inspection I see that my Xenon washers had fired and thought nothing more of it.

I left off work a few hours later and it still seemed to be dripping. I *think* it's the passenger side Xenon washer that's leaking, has anyone had experience of this and do I have to take it to Renault?

After I got home, the bumper was even wetter and it looked like it may have fired again, though just the passenger side?

Pics:

Thanks!

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Can't believe you've been a member for 2 years and not heard of this problem. To fix it properly it's a bumper off job, can just disconect the motor and block up the pipes for easyness though.

Clio 182FF
I joined with my old car and never really came here much, only in the last month since I got my 182.

Can't believe you've been a member for 2 years and not heard of this problem. To fix it properly it's a bumper off job, can just disconect the motor and block up the pipes for easyness though.

Black 197
Yep does it on mine, Had it change by my local stealer and that leaked too... My fix :-

They only spray when your xenons are on so if my lights are on and i need to blast the windscreen i find a few quick tugs of the washer stalk will spray the windscreen but not set the headlight washers off hey presto no leak ! May be a cowboy way but tbh i aint taking my bumper and messing with tubes and all that for something so simple.. been operating like above for 3 yrs now and dont bother me so give it a try

Da

Less
I changed mine Wednesday night, took me 40 mins tops and the bumper does not need to come off!

Nothing at the mo :(
i dont understand why everyone is replacing the washers :S

I just got 2 new one way valves and took of the old valves and put in my new ones. cost me £3

Clio 182FF
Is there a guide to changing them anywhere? I don't fancy taking off my bumper, also the one way valve fix, any guides? I need things to be simple because I'm not technically minded!

Cheers!

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
New ones are only £10ish from Renault, it's the bumper off i couldn't be bothered with, i'm going to get Birchdown to put new ones on when they do my cambelt.

Recaro'd 182
do what DrRollo said to remove the arch liner. get a 19mm spark plug socket or long reach socket and you can just get it in through the hole to loosen it to remove the locknut. Part is £10 from renault.

You can remove it and strip it down. Mine had dirt on the seat. cleaned it and now have a spare prob why it leaks.

REmove the rubber hose by pulling it off first and putting a peg over it or something to hold liquid in water tank that is if its not empty already lol.

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=382094

Da

Less
To do it without removing the bumper follow this simple guide...

First off jack the car up on the desired side and put on axle stand(s) as required.
Now loosen the inner lower arch liner which is held to the arch with 1 x self tapper.
Remover the inner upper arch liner by (gently) pulling the 2 x mushroom studs out. These are tricky but will come.
Next if you look up under the arch towards the corner of the bumper you will see 2 x 10mm bolts, remove both of these (they are just where the bumper meets the wing).

Now gently pull the bumper corner away from the wing, it kind of unclips and is a little un-nerving at first. Make sure it doesn't spring back and damage your paintwork.
Now move to the front of the car and pull the bumper gently forwards at the desired side, just below the grill. You may need to unfasten the grill from the slam panel but I found this didn't help. With a bit of persuasion the grill will separate from the bumper in the lower corner allowing the bumper to be pulled far enough forward for access.

Once this is done you should be able to reach into the bumper down behind the washer. Unclip the pipe from it's housing and gently pull it off the washer.
Next you need a 22mm socket (I think) to undo the rear retaining nut. Once this is loose it will come off by hand.
Remove old washer and fit new one, observing the 'tab' and rear plastic angled washer - this will make sense when you do it.

Refit everything in same order, fill washer bottle - job done.