ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sony 3D tv

dk

911 GTS Cab
Just been instore to check out the demo and wow, f**king epic, I must have!

The demo was football first, so much depth, looked amazing. Then a film, again looked amazing, finally the new motostorm game on ps3.

I was very impressed, much better than I thought it would be.

E90
Anyone who buys a 3D tv now, is a r****d. They only work properly with something filmed in 3d and live sports etc is a long way off from doing that. And not all films are made in 3d. Added to which who knows what effect wearing those glasses has on your eyesight long term, I imagine its not good.

If its not meant to be in 3D it looks like a pop up book. I tried one in Heathrow the other week, impressive yes, but I wouldn't buy one.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Anyone who buys a 3D tv now, is a r****d. They only work properly with something filmed in 3d and live sports etc is a long way off from doing that. And not all films are made in 3d. Added to which who knows what effect wearing those glasses has on your eyesight long term, I imagine its not good.

If its not meant to be in 3D it looks like a pop up book. I tried one in Heathrow the other week, impressive yes, but I wouldn't buy one.
How can you say live sports is a long way off, the world cup games have been filmed in 3d and broadcast in the US in 3d

Sky has a 3d channel which launching very soon, the ps3 has had an update I think and 3d games are about to come out.

Come Christmas, all advertising will be around 3d tv. Personally I'm going to wait until next year probably. I was impressed with the way it converted the normal tv into 3d though, wasn't crap at all.

Think I'll wait until gen 2 of the TVs though, maybe go passive glasses too as the Sony ones were quite heavy on the face being they have batteries in them etc.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
First gen tech buyers are generally gullible magpies with far too much money

dk

911 GTS Cab
I bought an LCD tv as soon as they came out, that worked out alright, oh and a DVD player, oh and a cd player, hhmmm, and a ps3 for bluray.

I think the only thing I've purchased which didn't take off was HD-DVD, not bad considering I am a gullible magpie......I think the others worked out to fairly successful
Long term.....

If people like me never purchased stuff when it first came out then products wouldn't make it to the stage when paupers like you could afford to buy them ;)

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
I need to dust off my Minidisc and Super Audio Cd's FFS

dk

911 GTS Cab
I used a minidisc for years actually, instead of a jumping personal cd player, nearly fogot, I was a cutting edge widescreen tv adoptee, was told at the time I was an idiot as it wouldn't take off...........

I never fell into the Betamax, sacd or laser disc trap though

Nippy white cup
I used a minidisc for years actually, instead of a jumping personal cd player, nearly fogot, I was a cutting edge widescreen tv adoptee, was told at the time I was an idiot as it wouldn't take off...........

I never fell into the Betamax, sacd or laser disc trap though

Betamax?!?! How old are you to have decided against buying one of those?

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
f**k minidisc DAT's where its at :)

Arguably still one of the most faithful types of recording formats.

I have no idea why i even clicked this thread, i seen 'dk' and 'Sony' and all i could think about was how brown your nose would be.

Clio 1.2 Grande (2001)
What you've got to remember is that just cos a telly is 3D,that doesn't mean it's not a normal telly too.

They are still just cutting edge telly's at the end of the day that will do 3D stuff if you buy the glasses.

For example, the LE40c750 from Samsung is a fantastic bit of kit in it's own right,in fact it's one of the best LCD tvs you can buy but it'l also do the 3D stuff.

SLK 350
I demo'd one yesterday with the Mrs at the Sony Centre (Bolt/NFL/G-Force/Wipeout HD). I thought it was impressive for things that had a large depth of field but utterly pointless on other media. Would like to watch Planet Earth on one, but for me it'd be something I'd use 1/30 times, which probably renders it pointless.

For me I found it hard work which after a long day at work I just couldn't be arsed with, on a cinema screen it fills your field of vision, but staring at a 46" screen in 3D with the rest of your AV/Wall and curtains behind it, well it kinda loses its impact.

I'll wait until it's at no extra cost, not fussed, at all.

dk

911 GTS Cab
The football looked amazing tbh, the depth of field was brilliant, you could even tell when the bll went over the line.....

its like HD, tv's are all HD ready now, new Sony TV's are starting to become 3D ready, you can make it 3D with a £50 addon transmitter which sits infront of the tv, looks like that Wii thing for the controllers.

The more expensive sets then have it all built in.

Once sky start broadcasting the 3d channel properly and start doing the footy in 3d i can see it taking off really, as its not s**t, its actually really good and the next evolution i guess, we went from SD to HD and most people are sold on that now, so the next big thing will be 2D to 3D. it'dd be interesting to see what happens with the active passive glasses things though, kind of a betamax/vhs hd-dvd/bluray thing again.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
oh look another thread for dk to show off how much s**t he has purchased in the past and how he is going to get this and that!

i dont understand why they havent managed to make the tv set tech go further with 3d.... there is a samsung tv in harrods or there was last year that was 3d and required no glasses!! revels was there and saw it too, wasnt amazing quality and you needed to be a fair distance from it but its possible

dk

911 GTS Cab
FLOL, you have so much hate in you, its amazing, i've not even purchased this s**t and the other things i've purchased, like a dvd player, and lcd tv, wow, i'm so rich i can afford those and no-one else on here can, really. You just pick on anything you possibly can to have a pop, i thought you'd grown up.

The tv in harrods has been there years, its s**t, the quality was piss poor, you can't do it properly without glasses, it's that simple.

if you could then all the money in films and cinema they would have created the technology by now, you have to have a way of tricking the eyes, which is where the glasses come in.

It'll probably happen, but not for a few years yet, that s**t's back to the future!

Personally im not a subscriber to 3d yet. Seems b****cks and I'll never see a day where I'll watch all my tv wearing glasses like some muggy twonk.

dk

911 GTS Cab
it'll only really work with some things anyway, like watching a 2 hr film, or a football match.

can't see them filming coronation street in 3d any time soon.

p**n will be the next big thing ;)

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
...Once sky start broadcasting the 3d channel properly and start doing the footy in 3d i can see it taking off really...

I haven't met anyone yet who is looking forward to this as much as HD when it was being rolled out. Nobody want's to wear glasses all the time when watching TV, or fork out for glasses just to use them round a mates house. 3D TV will be the next mini-disc is my - unprofessional and uneducated ;) - opinion.

Dunno about 3D p**n though. Not sure I want the experience of some guy spaffing his load on my face.

Clio 200 Raider
Just been instore to check out the demo and wow, f**king epic, I must have!

The demo was football first, so much depth, looked amazing. Then a film, again looked amazing, finally the new motostorm game on ps3.

I was very impressed, much better than I thought it would be.

was it better than the panny and the samsung screens? still not impressed myself to much motion blur and not as wow as i thought.

like the idea of 3d but needs to be more impressive and and it seems its still way off.

Evo 8 Jap Crap
3dtv will fail.

It will fail when you have some mates over to watch something and you find there are 5 of you and you only have 3 lots of glasses. :rasp:

dk

911 GTS Cab
was it better than the panny and the samsung screens? still not impressed myself to much motion blur and not as wow as i thought.

like the idea of 3d but needs to be more impressive and and it seems its still way off.
I've not seen any others, I didn't notice any of those problems with this set though.

Octy VRS
Tried it out a few times and although it's ok I wasn't overly impressed. Depth of field is noticeable but it looks totally unnatural and you have to sit dead upright for it to work, as soon as you tilt your head slightly it's gone. If anyone manages it on the same scale as the new 3DS without glasses then it may be worth looking at, but until then it's pointless.