ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sony PS3 or Xbox 360 - which to buy?!

1997 Clio 1.2 8v Paris
Right basically I've had both consoles and sold them on.
I've recently come to a realisation that I miss GTA:IV waaaaay too much not to have a console again (sad I know).

I'll only be purchasing the console for said game, but I can't make my mind up which console I like better (graphics/interface/controls).

Please help me solve my sad dilemma - which would you go for?

This wont end well....

If you're only buying for GTA then get the xbox as you can get the two expansion packs for it which arent available on the PS3.

That's fact now for opinion, I've got both machines and personally prefer the xbox joypad.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Oh dear.

Get a 360, mainly because, as turkish said, theres more online content for it on that platform.

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
If you only wanting GTA then get the shitbox,

Close this thread before World war 3 happens again ;)

Citroen DS3 DSport
Even I'll agree with the other replies, if you only want to play GTA then it's got to be the 360.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
x360 - theres just too much good quality stuff for it to ignore - ps3 just can't compete for range of quality software

1997 Clio 1.2 8v Paris
I fear I've missed something bad?
Anywayzzzzz, I'll take all this into serious consideration. The only thing that bothers me with the Xbox is having to pay for Live.
Yes, I'm a cheapo.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Burnley lad eh, Blackburns not too far away ;) ;)

Nice xmas present - a years supply to live.

1997 Clio 1.2 8v Paris
You know that's actually not a bad idea! I think my Mother could afford that. :D

And yes I'm disturbingly close to Bl*ckburn.. was there on Saturday for a medical (Whalley Range), had to have an acid wash when I got home.. felt so dirty. :(

Prong

ClioSport Club Member
Just taken a screen shot of fifa 10 on my mates 360

International%20Sensible%20Soccer%20%281995%29.jpg

Hence why I have a PS3

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Just taken a screen shot of fifa 10 on my mates 360

International%20Sensible%20Soccer%20%281995%29.jpg

Hence why I have a PS3

Have you seen the comparison shots of the two? the face detail on the 360 version is much better than the ps3!

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
You know that's actually not a bad idea! I think my Mother could afford that. :D

And yes I'm disturbingly close to Bl*ckburn.. was there on Saturday for a medical (Whalley Range), had to have an acid wash when I got home.. felt so dirty. :(

Aye, thats how I feel when I have to go to Renault Burnley for parts!

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
I fear I've missed something bad?
Anywayzzzzz, I'll take all this into serious consideration. The only thing that bothers me with the Xbox is having to pay for Live.
Yes, I'm a cheapo.

The only thing youve missed is the Fan boys of the shitbox 360, hijacking ps3 threads, and trying to crown it as the best console out there at the moment,

when in fact its balls,

:approve:

lol, it was a thread started by someone who was expressing they weren't impressed with the PS3 with people expressing similar sentiment. Clearly you're suffering a reading/comprehension fail.

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Actually i dont, I was just explaining to Jonny because he said " i fear iv missed something bad" so might aswell bringin him up to speed.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
The 360 costs less than the PS3 so your Live membership shouldn't be a problem.

don't forget though, no blu-ray, no inbuilt wifi, so its not a fair argument to just say the Xbox costs less. There is a lot more in the PS3, the Xbox is still better though ofcourse (for gaming)

360 as you get the expansion packs and you don't need to pay for live unless you want to get into the multiplayer - that said the community isn't very big anymore!