ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sony to recall 1.6 million Bravia TVs due to melting components

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
I'm exactly the same as you Tom, everything I ever bought when I was younger was Sony, purely because I wanted it to be the best.

In almost everything Sony have ever done they have not been the best, from the walkman to Hi-Fi to TV etc there has almost always been better alternatives out there.
I'd even go as far as to say the Dreamcast was arguably better than the PS2 at the time!

Mk2 ph1 clio
you sure?

The models affected are from 2007/8

Unless you're buying used or from a warehouse outlet, you shouldn't find one on sale that will be a problem

It was from a clearance store that sells ex catalogue stock which is why they are so cheap.

Doesn't matter anyway, I bought a panasonic viera full HD gaming TV instead!

Listerine & Poledo
no it has 1, i think you are confusing cores with physical cpu's....

Oh and ony 6 are useable and completely bottlenecked by its lack of ram anyway :)

I am, indeed wrong then.

SO, what's the PC-Box running?

Listerine & Poledo
I'm a pretty happy 360 user tbh. Specially with the drive firmware 'mods' I have. *shifty eyes*

I was more worried about the fruit fanboys crying that microsoft has anyrthing remotely to do with their beloved white boxes & rectangles

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Mines one of the ones affected, found out yesterday when my dad was on bbc news website.

Got to ring them up to come out today sometime.

SEAT Ibiza SC FR
I was more worried about the fruit fanboys crying that microsoft has anyrthing remotely to do with their beloved white boxes & rectangles

I'm also a Mac and iPhone user. In fact our house is full of Apple gear.

It's about using what is best, not about being a Fanboy.

Last edited:
  Listerine & Poledo
because it takes 4x as long to code for it.

If Sony used a more standardised OS then it might have helped matters.

DCi
on the one hand im going to have to check this

on the other hand ive had my tv ages and i use it a lot without any issues so can i be bothered... nope

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
They came on Saturday, took the back off, tested 2 resistors, said it was fine.

He hasn't found a faulty one yet.

BMW F21 125d
They came on Saturday, took the back off, tested 2 resistors, said it was fine.

He hasn't found a faulty one yet.

I've got a KDL 40w4500 and mines on the affected list, did you have any problems before you reported it to them?
Touch wood, mines OK, but still wouldnt mind it checking over.