ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sophos Anti-Virus

'Mia' Rover Mini 35
Recently I downloaded Sophos Anti-Virus onto my 2011 Macbook Pro 13" 2.3ghz, I'm not massively worried about viruses but I thought I'd download it and run a scan once a month, Just in case sort of thing.

I began to notice after a day of having it installed my Mac was slowing up and struggling with simple task such as opening finder. I ran a scan to see if this was a virus and nothing came up. At this point I looked at the most recent thing I had installed. Two things came up. Photoshop CS6 and Sophos Anti-Virus.

I knew it couldn't be Adobe as it was also installed on two other Mac's. So i then un-installed Sophos using CleanMyMac which is possibly the best piece of software i have ever downloaded for mac. READ ABOUT IT.

After un-installing it, my computer began to run just as quick as before and possible better.

I'm not sure if this was just my machine or if this has been happening to more people?

I'm not saying don't use it just if you download it and your computer slows up drastically un-install it.

Noah :)

A silver one
What (if any?) anti-virus software do people use on their Macs? I purchased mine last August and installed iAntiVirus at the advice of a colleague. Should I be taking the plunge and buying something more substantial?

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Sophos can be a bit of a memory hog tbh - quite often desktops here running it can have a Sophos process anywhere between 150-200MB in size.

That's on PCs though - not quite sure how it compares on a Mac.

D.