ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

SORN Insurance

'20 Zoe, '09 V70
Evening CS

I unfortunately need to insure my SORNed car as my licence has been accidentally revoked and I've had to cancel my current policy (long story...) and the few I've called won't insure me - Adrian Flux said no as I don't have a gated driveway and one they referred me to don't even do SORN insurance.

Any companies or brokers recommended by CS? I don't really want to be paying mad money as it's not exactly a high risk to the insurance company as I live in a reasonably decent area with low crime and it's not for very long (hopefully). I've never had to look for this type of insurance before so I'm a bit lost and I can't find it on comparison sites.

Cheers.

Last edited:

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Fire it up on axle stands and no one will be stealing it in a hurry lol.

Jokes aside, could do with info on this myself. I've currently got my Clio fully insured while it's completely off the road which is major false economy!

IIRC though last I asked about zero miles/laid up policies with greenlight they didn't do anything like that.

PH2 172
Thankfully I do - it's on the drive at the mo but uninsured and I don't fancy it getting stolen while I still owe Mr. Blackhorse a few grand on it!
Try adding it to your household insurance..
Failing that, as above, stick it up on axle stands, remove the wheels, and hide it under a tarpaulin.

'20 Zoe, '09 V70
Try adding it to your household insurance..
Failing that, as above, stick it up on axle stands, remove the wheels, and hide it under a tarpaulin.

Turns out it might not be worth doing; Admiral quoted me £300 to insure it until my renewal in October in my missus's name. Went on their website, same details on a full year policy - £836...

Although that said axle stands won't stop a local reprobate setting fire to it :smile: But ta for the idea. One to keep in the pot if it happens again!

172 Ph1
Are there any lock ups / businesses that can offer secure parking that are / have insurance cover . Might be an option .

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
I had no idea about sorn insurance, what so its illegal to have a car declared SORN but insured on a normal policy? Surly not...

I was actually advised to insure a car with a very limited mileage against it rather than nothing, even if it's SORN.

Listerine & Poledo
I was actually advised to insure a car with a very limited mileage against it rather than nothing, even if it's SORN.
ADvised by an insurance company, by any chance?

I guess it's down to your circumstances. If you had a lockable garage to store the car in, no real need to insure.
But if it's parked on the front garden.....yeah, more worthwhile

DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

ClioSport Trader
  Renault 5
Evening CS

I unfortunately need to insure my SORNed car as my licence has been accidentally revoked and I've had to cancel my current policy (long story...) and the few I've called won't insure me - Adrian Flux said no as I don't have a gated driveway and one they referred me to don't even do SORN insurance.

Any companies or brokers recommended by CS? I don't really want to be paying mad money as it's not exactly a high risk to the insurance company as I live in a reasonably decent area with low crime and it's not for very long (hopefully). I've never had to look for this type of insurance before so I'm a bit lost and I can't find it on comparison sites.

Cheers.[/QUOT
Hi,
If you wanted to PM me your details I'd be happy to take a another look at your details and double check if there is anything we can offer.
Regards,
Dan.

'20 Zoe, '09 V70
Hi,
If you wanted to PM me your details I'd be happy to take a another look at your details and double check if there is anything we can offer.
Regards,
Dan.

Wow... look on the positive side :tonguewink:

Sorry, I've only just seen these. I managed to get it insured in my fiancee's name and then added myself to the policy as I got my licence back after 2 weeks without. Thanks for the offer though Dan.

What can I say - I'm a realist :smile: