ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

sound deadening: how much?

Dci 100
how much sound deading will i need to do cars interior?

places seem to sell it in 36sq ft boxes or 60sq ft, is 60sq ft too much??

idealy i'd want 2 layers

you dont need two layers, get some dynamat extreme which is the thickest they do, about £24 a roll, superb. Ive done both doors, quarters and tailgate in it to stop my sub vibrating everything to death, does the job.

Youll need 2 layers of cheap stuff but it still wont be as good as Dynamat Extreme. Look on eBay.

RenaultSport 197
I got dynamat inside my front door panels. for a grand total of £10.99 for 2 mats and a further tenner to get it fitted, I think thats pretty darn good.

yea there just speaker packs you can buy, about a foot by a foot squared.

I mean full rolls which is £20 + depending where you buy them, i have one roll per door, a roll per quarter and a roll in the tailgate. Will be doing entire boot once the weather picks up.

"Navy" N17 TWO
Depends how much you hate rattles :clown:

DSCF0071.jpg

I have about 14 sheets of Dynamat Xtreme in the car :eek:

I have given it the anti-rattle treatment to;
Doors
Rear quarter panels
Whole boot & arches
Bootlid

Even with my bass going now the rattles & squeaks are VERY minimum
IMHO thats a massive achievement for a french breadstick ;)

RenaultSport 197

DSCF0071.jpg

Doors
Rear quarter panels
Whole boot & arches
Bootlid

:lolup: You leg-end!!!!

A black one
Forgive me for sounding like a 'tard - but what are you actually supposed to do with Dynamat!? Stick it on every bit of bare metal? Or stick it down onto anything that moves? Or just stick it everywhere you can? I'm just wondering why in that pic you have cut it into little strips and stuck it all over the place, yet not everywhere as there are still some visible gaps (albeit very small ones).... Or is that because it's so damn hard to get it everywhere and you don't get much in a pack....?

Last edited:
  '52 clio 1.2 16V
Forgive me for sounding like a 'tard - but what are you actually supposed to do with Dynamat!? Stick it on every bit of bare metal? Or stick it down onto anything that moves? Or just stick it everywhere you can? I'm just wondering why in that pic you have cut it into little strips and stuck it all over the place, yet not everywhere as there are still some visible gaps (albeit very small ones).... Or is that because it's so damn hard to get it everywhere and you don't get much in a pack....?

i was wondering about that exact same thing.

"Navy" N17 TWO

i was wondering about that exact same thing.

You put more on areas that need it most, other off-cuts are just to "spread it out"

1. Tap the panels firmly with ur fingers - you'll know if it needs some deadening
2. Apply dynamat Xtreme & make sure it is well stuck down (roller & elbow- grease)
3. Repeat #1 until you are happy ;)

To do the doors, rear quarters, floor, boot & bootlid it took a few evenings of Dynamating - beware this stuff sticks to your clothes!

Hondata'd EP3 Type R

DSCF0071.jpg

Doors
Rear quarter panels
Whole boot & arches
Bootlid

:lolup: You leg-end!!!!

Pah Amatuer :p

Surely there should be no gaps in between it on the boot?, Id double up on the boot skin too :p

I bought 4 Bulkpacks, installed it all, then decided I'm not keeping my clio LMAO

"Navy" N17 TWO
If you hate rattles it works wonders :)
A dci has no problem with the extra bit of weight lol