ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sound System

Renault Clio MK1 1.2
Right ok here we go...
Got MK1 Clio, 1.2...
Replaced Dash and Boot speakers with Pioneer 10cm speakers which provide good sound, have phillips head unit which works nicely (except from need to fiddle with wires and click it back in) and also my baby in the boot a lightning audio 2 way 400 watt amp with twin 12" onyx sub enclosure which is loud to say the least.

Looking at improving this as simple as possible, might be able to get my hands on a spare parcel shelf so thinking of refabricating (giving it a funky look) and then putting 6x9s in which should work (fingers crossed) so first off does this sound good?

Secondly for wiring them I have two options, first off I can straight splice the rear speakers in the boot which will only mean a few more inches of wire to the 6x9s, which might reduce sound quality slightly but should be ok? Or find the wire thats in the front doors (do not have speakers there but pretty sure as standard the wires will be there) and then continue them through to the rear, after doing the sub I dont see it being that bad which will have them 6x9s then on the 'front' of the car with sub in the 'back' along with relevant standard speakers giving possible more control?

What sounds best and what is a good idea? Any other input or ideas would be helpful?

Also if anyone has a precut 6x9 shelf in Northamptonshire then we may have business!

And the next port of call is wiring LEDs into the car and then attaching a toggle switch to turn on and off when I feel like it. Hopefully these will not be too much hassle and looking at footwell and maybe in rear just under seats. Need really a place to get these from and also possibly some help on easiest way to wire through a 1996 MK1 as I have found everything isnt always in the easiest positions to say the least.

Thanks for any help, appreciated. Will include some pics eventually of sub and amp in boot etc.