ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

South Wales General Chat

O

Oakley12

Yeah I know but ideally want to take my car inside college on Friday so if it does rain I don't have to worry :)

Just got my car back from a garage about half hour ago or something with the new springs on!
The person who sold them to me said they were "stiff" ahhhhh apparently not, Soft as f**k and the car is bouncing around like nobody's business :/ Under steers too

It's not just cleaning the car. It's a full paint correction.

I know that but it's still stupidly expensive, 99% of people will just go 'oh that's a clean car'. I personally would never pay it, but then everybody has different priorities.

clio 172 phase 2
Just got my car back from a garage about half hour ago or something with the new springs on!
The person who sold them to me said they were "stiff" ahhhhh apparently not, Soft as f**k and the car is bouncing around like nobody's business :/ Under steers too

What brand are they mate?

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
I know that but it's still stupidly expensive, 99% of people will just go 'oh that's a clean car'. I personally would never pay it, but then everybody has different priorities.
We'll agree to disagree! LOL! I think it's a pretty good price to be honest (but yes, it's a lot). As for 99% of people saying, "oh, that's a clean car"... not a problem for me personally as I don't get it done for their benefit and I don't give two hoots what they think. ;) I have it done to try and keep the car looking better for longer and because red paintwork is a real pain in the ass when it starts to turn pink!

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Could it be that your dampers are knackered mate?

We'll agree to disagree! LOL! I think it's a pretty good price to be honest (but yes, it's a lot). As for 99% of people saying, "oh, that's a clean car"... not a problem for me personally as I don't get it done for their benefit and I don't give two hoots what they think. ;) I have it done to try and keep the car looking better for longer and because red paintwork is a real pain in the ass when it starts to turn pink!

I see why you have it done and it's good to see people like you look after their car so well. For me I don't believe my car is worth spending the money on unless it's mechanical.

O

Oakley12

^^ Same as Tony really. If I was to buy a 15-20k car brand spanking new, I think I'd do it once a year tbh. But an 11 year old car is just not worth it tbh.

iceberg phase 2 172
anyone wanna earn a few quid ?
i need my rear discs an pads fitted either tomorrow or this weekend , also need the rear calipers free'd up and regreased etc , anyone fancy the job ?

O

Oakley12

I would of done it for nothing fella, but it's the black mountain run on Sunday so prepping the car tomorrow and Saturday. Sorry mate.

O

Oakley12

Yeah she's going good! Hopefully changing the gearbox oil tomorrow along with a massive clean & getting her ready for black mountains :)

iceberg phase 2 172
ahh sweet buddy :) take your time up there theres been snow an all sorts today lol . all i ever seem to do is clean mine, especially my back wheels hahaha

O

Oakley12

Yeah, I went up there last weekend and it was snowing then :/. I hope the weathers good tho!

yeah I bet you are with those dodgy brakes ;). You be careful with them!

O

Oakley12

Nah mate only halfway through but on dinner ;). She'll be mint when I'm finished! Just wish this rain would f**k off!

iceberg phase 2 172
get some pics up oak when its done :) tone what colour is the car going or is it still hush hush ?? brakes are sorted now lads :) feels like ive strapped a turbo to it now it pulls so much better lol

O

Oakley12

I've finished now :), didn't have time to wax it tho :(. I suppose 3 coats of polish will do ;).

Gary tbh the weather is absolutely sh*t out now so won't be good pictures. She is clean tho :). Where did you take it to in the end buddy?

O

Oakley12

Yeah it f**king is haha, I spent 2.5 hours just polishing it.

My arm hurts :(. Haha

iceberg phase 2 172
bring on the summer oak, cant beat a nice shiny black car . took it to my mates garage , feels lovely to drive now :)

O

Oakley12

Turner you dirty bugger :p haha.

Gary that is true! I always slate black cars, I've had 3 cars in total and all 3 have been black haha. I just love the shine after a nice clean :). Was he cheap enough? You coming to the black mountains?

Monaco 172
I am nothing of the sort :p

wel i hope the weather is good for all attending the black mountains run :) and cant wait to see the photos!