ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Southend Gatso’s

I went to southend yesterday for the first time in about 9 months and I got flashed by one of the gatsos there. After I got flashed I then saw the speed camera signs. Is that points on the license?

if you got flashed, you should expect the NIP to show up within 14 days. 3 points, dunno what the fine is though.

Jas

ClioSport Admin
  Maserati Ghibli S

Theres a lot of speed camera signs around southend, unfortunately you must have missed it/them. Just hope that it may not have film in, 1 or 2 of them dont, they just have the flasher units.

Quote: Originally posted by OLLZIE on 11 September 2004

oh b****cks. I hate the essex police. w**kers!!!

Its not the police, itll be the local "safety" camera partnership. civilian company who run the cameras.

LY 200

Yer them things are proper alert aswell dude!! My mums friend got done for doin just under 35mph by the first one as you enter southend!!

I thought they let 5mph go but they didnt let her get away with it!!

Il ask my mum to ask her what the fine was for you!!

I got flashed by a southend cam and nothing cam through, just wait for those 14 days and keep ur fingers crossed. Dont panic.....yet.

Quote: Originally posted by JayR on 11 September 2004

Yer them things are proper alert aswell dude!! My mums friend got done for doin just under 35mph by the first one as you enter southend!!

I thought they let 5mph go but they didnt let her get away with it!!

Il ask my mum to ask her what the fine was for you!!
With speed cameras its meant to be 10% of the speed limit plus 1 mph, anything above that then you will do you for it.

RB 182

Just a warning, the second camera on the A127 also catchs your front plate because of the plates that people have on the back of cars that react when a flash goes off.

I think thats the right camera, sure thats what I heard.

oh did ne1 get pulled by the police checks? my mate did cos of his window tints he has til 1pm 2day 2 take them off n they r gona send a squaddie down 2 check it out

lawrence

ClioSport Club Member
  is non-existent

ollzie did you clock the mobile camera down the a127 it was a red van with a massive f**k off camera, my friend who was coming down got done the same nite and told me to watch out for it

I was driving proper slow the way back mate. I was so pissed off that night but I didnt see a mobile camera that night