ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

spacers

clio 197
go for some alloy ones the steel are heavier.
if only going upto 5mm you'll be ok without going for hubsentric spacers but over 5 and youll need to pay more and get humbsentric ones.
you'll probably just find it a bit trickier to locate the centre bore of the wheels on the hub centre without hubcentric ones.
jase...

Mustang, S13, AX GT
just a warning, I've got spacers on mine aswell, and I've needed to grind away the arches a little bit. I'm running 17's though so you might be ok using smaller spacers

Last edited:
  Renault clio 1.4 16v
just a warning, I've got spacers on mine aswell, and I've needed to grind away the arches a little bit. I'm running 17's though so you might be ok using smaller spacers
what you got coilovers or springs are they fk?

clio 197
when you use spacers,the thicker they are the more of the lip that the wheel sits on,in the centre of the hub it covers up.hubcentric spacers have a lip to allow for this so as to make sure the wheel still sits bang cetre and gets no wheel wobble.
see pics...
http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?i...spacers&svnum=10&hl=en&c2coff=1&safe=off&sa=G
jase...
Ohhhhhhh

That makes sense now! :p

thank you! :D

no problem.;)

btw...anything over 5mm and you'll need longer bolts and lockers too.
jase...

Chocolate Bar™
why do you need spacers to set the camber as they're completely unrelated, or have i missed something in your first post.

and white16valver anything around a 25mm will do nicely. i know 25mm is a set size down at my local motor factors, so probably cheaper/easier to source.

Renault clio 1.4 16v
why do you need spacers to set the camber as they're completely unrelated, or have i missed something in your first post.

and white16valver anything around a 25mm will do nicely. i know 25mm is a set size down at my local motor factors, so probably cheaper/easier to source.
well iv got stander 15 and tryin to set the camber but when i try to set it to - camber the wheel hits the strut . i know its stupid you think they would of though of this so i need spacer to push the wheels out to give me more room to set the camber up this gap is bout 5mm so i cant set the camber so it - camber now
S4010007-1.jpg

S4010012-1.jpg

M

mini-valver

Surely you need to adjust the wheel AWAY from the strut. I,e bottom of the wheels towards each other.......

Chocolate Bar™
gotya! was going to say that spacers dont allow you to adjust the camber, when in fact you just need a bit of clearance ;)

as stated before you've got two options of standard ones, or hubcentric. so about £20 for 4 vs. about £40. on a 5mm it wont make much difference, but fitting standard spacers is a bit of a b**ch.

Renault clio 1.4 16v
gotya! was going to say that spacers dont allow you to adjust the camber, when in fact you just need a bit of clearance ;)

as stated before you've got two options of standard ones, or hubcentric. so about £20 for 4 vs. about £40. on a 5mm it wont make much difference, but fitting standard spacers is a bit of a b**ch.

i hope 5 mm will do any bigger and i think the wheel bearings will get fucked quicker. im a bit pissed of as fk should of though of this and done some think bout it i should not have 2 use spacer they shoud be a direct fit grrrrrrr