ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Spanner Icon

When I started my car up earlier, the sun was shining onto the dash dials, so I could see right through the orange mileage/fuel + temp gauges screen, as in the way you can see icons on all LCD screens on watches etc. if you shine a light on them even if they arent lit up,

so above the mileage screen where mines says for example '30386 M' I could make out a series of icons in 2 rows like for example a spanner icon in the top left hand corner and the top right hand corner a letter 'A'

just wondered, is the spanner the icon that lights up when you car is due a service and has to be reset by renault after a service so the icon goes out??

if so, just wondering why my spanner icon isnt displayed as in lit up and clearly visible all the time as even though the cars been serviced twice, its never been serviced by renault dealership hence wont have had the light reset, (was serviced by a fast fit place like Kwik Fit and a Citroen dealers)

Lionel Richie
no lights will light up when your car is due a service, they're not that clever!

there's a lot of lights on the dash that don't work, its just a generic part IMO

no lights will light up when your car is due a service, they're not that clever!

there's a lot of lights on the dash that don't work, its just a generic part IMO

me dads got a Vauxhall Vectra that has a light/indicator that comes on when the car is due for a service, and my old Peugeot 206 had a service counter which displayed for say 20secs each time you started up the car e.g. *spanner icon* 18000, and when the counter got to 0 there was a permanent spanner displayed next to the mileage readout.