ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Spare Key - Does this have to cost a fortune?

RenaultSport Clio CUP
Hi Folks

Told by Renault that a re-code for our existing spare key will cost £42......does anyone know of a cheaper way to do this??.......its only a spare - hehe

any help very welcomed

Ta

BMW M135i
Your complaining at £42? As far as I know you can't recode keys that have already been coded, not for the immobisiler anyway. So thats a new key at £130!

EP3 Civic Type R
£42 is very good... As said above, I've heard of stories well into the £100's for re-coding :)

BMW F21 125d
Can you get a new key from ANY Renault Stealer and get them to post it to you, or does you car have to be there for it to be coded ?

BMW M135i
£42 is very good... As said above, I've heard of stories well into the £100's for re-coding :)
You can't recode keys, thats why all of those being sold on ebay as spares that they say you can get coded to your car are useless!

EP3 Civic Type R
I thought you could re-code them? Hence Reno wanting £42 squids for it... or am I missing the point here lol

mgoode180566

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Sunflower
on that point does anyone have a spare for a 172 ph1 as the case on my spare has split. just want to swap over the guts onto a new back

RenaultSport Clio CUP
Hi Folks

Told by Renault that a re-code for our existing spare key will cost £42......does anyone know of a cheaper way to do this??.......its only a spare - hehe

any help very welcomed

Ta

IS the spare a blip key or a normal one?

Its the blip key.........i was told to take the working key and the car and spare key to reno and they would re-code the spare key for £42........this looks like quite a hot topic!.......(i recall them saying they had to recode ALL the keys?)....

fingers crossed i can get this one re-coded then?...

ta for the replies.......i still don't think £42 is cheap btw........£130 is daylight robbing imho..........

ta

danny

Mondeo TDCI 130
It depends how fussy you are, some of the keys come pre-coded from france, so will start the car, just not work the plip!

RenaultSport Clio CUP
I thought you could re-code them? Hence Reno wanting £42 squids for it... or am I missing the point here lol
Nope you can't recode them, once they've been written to thats it.

according to reno garage (basingstoke) - they told me they can reprogram all my keys to suit car......so they have both been coded in the past?....will have to see what happens and report back here (for peps who need a spare key like us)

danny