ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Spark Plug time!

DCi 100
Just looking for some light from the more experienced on this and some advice.

It all started once I changed the coil pack on Tuesday morning in aim to fix the start up chugging problem. First off started up well, was fine for acouple of days but then thursday morning the car was extremely groggy. Struggling to start and spluttering up after cranking and cranking. This persisted and today/yesterday (Friday) I had major troubles getting about as the car was awful starting 80% of the time. It also carried a hesitation around 2k while gaining speed and setting off. Not a bogging down wrong gear hesitation. More a kangeroo off/on switching of power acouple of times then it would smooth out.

Wacked the spark plugs out anyways to sand them down after some advice from friends. What I found was... Interesting?

Untitled-1.jpg

Pretty sure I've labelled and recorded them correctly, 1st cyclinder being the furthest away from the coilpack.

Doesn't take a blind person to realise there's something up though. Why would number 4 be so rusty/limescaled or whatever that is. Just plain dirty basically!

Really just a pain in the ass now as I don't want to go buying new spark plugs one a car that's up for sale immediantly after this is sorted! Already spent beyond believable amounts getting it fixed recently.

What do you think? Just get new plugs and see or is this another problem?

Going to sand alittle bit more off the plugs tomorrow morning and see if it helps anyway.

Many thanks!

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
There must be loads of s**t that was trapped in the threads in cylinder 4 now lol

Wow they look nice and healthy buddy :S

As above, for the sake of the cost, I'd change them and be done with it.

DCi 100
No questions on changing them, I should have done it today but I'm really lazy. Not driving it anywhere so tomorrow. :)

Evo 8 MR
lol, I've seen cleaner looking spark plugs on the sheds we work on at college........and they're non runners!