ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sparkplugs

182FF, Cerbera, XJR
Seriously? You guys have a fitting guide for spark plugs? I'm kinda tempted to say that if you need a fitting guide, you should be leaving it to somebody else.

I don't pick up my Clio til this afternoon, but I'd strongly suspect that fitting plugs is pretty much the same as any other car:
Remove plastic engine cover
Look for four big wires going into the big metal thing in the middle of the engine bay
Pull them off (using long nose pliers, rather than yanking the wire)
Put a plug spanner round the white spikey thing you've just exposed and unscrew
Screw in you new one and repeat another three times.

I can do you one for filling with petrol or emptying the ashtray too if you like;)

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Yeah, as Tom said... it's a bit more work than your average.

Be really careful not to knock or crease the inlet gasket at the front. They're a nightmare to get a good seal with, if you do.

It's also worth noting that some of the fixing bolts are in slightly different places, depending on whether you have a Ph1/2 172 or 182. It's minimal though.

182FF, Cerbera, XJR
Fair play, didn't realise there was more too it on a Clio (still, not exactly beyond the wit of man!)

Shut up, idiot
Wee bit strong in response to a fairly tongue-in-cheek post

A SHED!
Seriously? You guys have a fitting guide for spark plugs? I'm kinda tempted to say that if you need a fitting guide, you should be leaving it to somebody else.

I don't pick up my Clio til this afternoon, but I'd strongly suspect that fitting plugs is pretty much the same as any other car:
Remove plastic engine cover
Look for four big wires going into the big metal thing in the middle of the engine bay
Pull them off (using long nose pliers, rather than yanking the wire)
Put a plug spanner round the white spikey thing you've just exposed and unscrew
Screw in you new one and repeat another three times.

I can do you one for filling with petrol or emptying the ashtray too if you like;)

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWNED! LOL SORRY BUD!

182 FF
oh dear,

lets be honest its hardly rocket science,:S

if you struggle with this then yer better off at the garage,

my only advice is do not thread the plugs, cool engine, and gentle does it DO NOT over tighten!