ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Speaker Covers And Vents....Anyone Know

Chocolate Bar™

hes simply sprayed a set of standard covers and is selling them for top wack. quite a good idea if you ask me.

get yourself down to a clio breakers and get a spare set of trims you want spraying, and then you can do them in any colour / and in your own time. (as you wont have to rush it to get them back on the car.)

isnt a hard job at all to do all the parts hes shown.

Mark

Golf GTI 1.8T

i see them and was gonna bid till i worked out what he had done, thought they were from a higher spec model.

I sprayed some speaker grills using Platicote metallic silver spray , but when i lacquered them they lost their metallic finish and went a dark grey . Your probably better off using renaults titanium sliver ( paint code 640 ) and then lacquer em.

First get some plastic primer , i used white , from halfords .Then after spraying em with primer rub em down with some very fine wet n dry paper ( 320 grit should be fine enough ) to get a good smooth finish .Then when your happy they are smooth spray em with the titanium spray but only light coats and not too many as it takes f*ckin ages to dry and if the paint is on too thick they mark easliy with finger nails etc .. , if the finish is not too smooth you can rub em down inbetween coats of the titanium silver until the final coat is smooth . Just remember " NOT TOO MANY " coats about 3 or 4 should be enough . I got carried away and managed about 10 coats so the paint stayed soft for ages . Then give them 1 or 2 coats with clear lacquer and let them dry . if you have somewhere warm to put them , like in an airing cupboard they will dry much faster .