ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

speaker wire

im fitting 4 pioneer 13cm emotions to my clio. but i aint got a clue how to connect teh wire. do you just cut of the renault adapted and crimp the two wires together? or is there an adapter?
also what colour of wires is + and _....there seems to be pink, green all sorts coming through

1995 Mondeo Speed Machine

Someone has mentioned on here before about there being a connector for them. However on mine (the older style) you can unclip the connector, it tells you on there which is the positive and which is negative. I then cut the wires at the connector and crimped some new connectors onto them and then plugged them into the speakers and it worked fine. Like you say the wires tend to be different colours for all the speakers so you just have to do it one at a time.

Hope this helps

Rick

alrite mate, ive just fitted a big set up in mine pal, the best thing to do is leave the connectors just in case you want to put the standard speakers back when you sell the car and run some thicker wire to each speaker, and thats just a general + and - and gives better sound quality.

col