ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

speakers?

1.2 16v+200sx
right i've got roughly £300 to spend on some components and 6x9's but i dont have a clue what to go for so what do you guys recommend?

is it worth while upgrading the rear speakers or just disconnect them?

amps dont really matter just now i'll get them next month

Ph 1 172
i would say either dont bother putting 6x9's in as i put mine in a took them straight back out they seem to make the noise travel to the back of the car so it seems quiter its not but it seems like it is. i would get the compontents and tweeters sorted. or better still fit some 6x9 into the front of the car with some fiberglass and a door build would be mad seen it done to a mk1 clio. and its all personal preference with the speakers. get down to your local ice shop should have like speakers that are connected up you can listen to

1.2 16v+200sx
i like the idea of the 6x9's in the doors but i want to keep the interior standard seeing as its not even two years old yet

the only local place that i know of is halfrauds and there stuff is s**t

Get a decent set of components in the front and you won't need anything in the back - the general view is 6x9's are average at everything and excel at nothing! lol

www.talkaudio.co.uk is where I go for audio stuff, and there's also a few members on here who are on there as well :)

I'm not up on my components though I'm afraid so I'll leave someone with more knowledge to answer! :cool:

1.2 16v+200sx
cool cheers for the link mate :)
i'll have a look later

what you said about 6x9's is interesting cos i dont really want them on my shelf anyway so i was going to get a stealth shelf
probably won't need to now though

Ph 1 172
steal shelf are expensive do it your self if your going to do that just get some decent components and a decent 12 inch sub and a 10 inch sub to deal with the tighter quicker bass lines

1.2 16v+200sx
im not really into subs every one ive had or heard has been too loud for the rest of the set up but i guess its all down to the equipment ie 1200w sub+s**t components ect

i want to get front and rear strut braces so i dont think there would be much room for a sub anyway

RB 182
Got an alpine setup sounds perfect b cos there all matched, type S 12'' sub, components, rear speakers, 9854r Headunit and 4 channel mrv f345 amp running the sub and components with rear speakers off the HU:approve: Sub controls mean u can turn it down to get more treble etc so you can pretty much customise it to whatever you prefer. Gd choice to steer clear of 6x9's as well, not all there cracked up to be;)

Mk2 172
jl audio everytime. matching things up by brand is neither better or worse. jl subs are awesome aswell as there amps and components. excellent quality and sound