ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Special tools! Aux tensioner

Right I've bought myself a aux kit to get on my clio as I wasn't made aware at cam belt change that the tensioner needs replacing as well as the belt !

Got the proper stuff from renault , and got some time Saturday afternoon so taking it in work use the ramp , but I've asked renault across the road and they can't find there special tool for the tensioner !

I wonder what's everybody else done ? Have people managed to buy them else where ? Or is there something you can do ?

Or better yet is there anybody fairly local to stoke that doesn't mind lending me theres? Lol

Had a quick search so sorry if its been covered a million times !

Thanks Dean

Last time i did it i used a jubilee clip to wrap around it and let it out slowly once the belt is in place and let it tension.

Im sure there is abetter way but that works if you dont find a proper solution.

CLS320 with a D6
I'll admit my ring was quivering when it was being tightened but so long as you take your time and keep it centralised you'll be 'reet