ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

speed camera’s !!!!!!

black golf v6 4 motion

dont know if i have just been caught doing 80mph on dual carriageway (70) mobile camera orange amber lights flashing on roof but moving cant remember if the flaps were open or not wot u think?

black golf v6 4 motion

me too but defo speed camera as it had the police speed camera writing on the side and tinted rear windows

Clio 172 Cup, Audi A

well ive heard ....(not 100% certain) but ive heard you are allowed to do 10% + 3mph before they do anything....like i said its what ive heard, so not sure if its true!?!? ie, limit =70, 10%=7mph +3mph = 80mph...

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

If its moving then your fine! They measure your speed between two points, so if its moving it cant measure you!

Quote: Originally posted by geordieclio on 19 March 2004

me too but defo speed camera as it had the police speed camera writing on the side and tinted rear windows
they do it on the a127 as well, near saarrffend , its a red peugeot van, parked in a bush with a tri pod in front,

they f*ck you on the way up, and put it on the other side of the road later, to f*ck you on the way back !!

b*stards !!!

that 10% thing is true, cos ur speedo could be out by 10%, my cousin drives a KA god knows y? but she has a Road Angel (there great £400 though) and the speed on that is always different to whats on her speedo cos the angel runs off of satellite positioning so it must be correct.

black golf v6 4 motion

just went back to spot to check it out, now he is stationary with tripod in front of his van so i wasnt caught because he must have been getting into position b4. Thank FOOk

yeah the coppers rule is 10% + 3mph, that is true cos i know someone that did police training but it still wont stop them pulling and slapping your wrists, but having said that, i know someone who got f**ked by a mobile camera doing 35mph in a 30. I bloody hate the things.

Fiesta TDCI

Dont think there is any truth in the 10% margin, they can do you for what they like (providing you are exceding the speed limit). All depends on the copper.

Fiesta TDCI

You speed, you risk getting caught, you can have no complaints. I got points a few years ago, I was pissed off but only had myself to blame!!

Alfa Mito 155TB

Hi the speed camera vans in the north east do have orange lights on top.....and with the cameras at the front they can bust cars in both directions....

sorry to be the bearer of bad news....but doing 80 probably wont get you nicked for it.

black golf v6 4 motion

sorry to be the bearer of bad news....but doing 80 probably wont get you nicked for it.

wot u mean? 80mph prob wont been flashed?:)

ok then heres 1 for u guys and girl on way home tonight A127 a BALCK UNMARKED van parked up with a BLACK camara on a tripod in front, no markings no nothing no warning. wa doing 80ish got it down to 70-75 i think by time i saw the f****KEr what u rekon on this

Its madness all these points and fines were all having just to pump cash into our government and then to get more cameras out of the lose change for even more money!

There was a time when these vans and gatsos etc was not to be hidden and clearly marked, to me they just got even more sneaker!!

When on motorways and the van with the camera is on the bridge in front or behind you, I know they have got to have that camera locked onto you for a few seconds to calculate your speed, so f**k it.....as soon as you see it......hit the gas and keep swerving lanes beeping your horn!! Havent tried it yet but Ill let you all Know when I do!! LOL!!:devilish:

Quote: Originally posted by mark_eas on 20 March 2004

ok then heres 1 for u guys and girl on way home tonight A127 a BALCK UNMARKED van parked up with a BLACK camara on a tripod in front, no markings no nothing no warning. wa doing 80ish got it down to 70-75 i think by time i saw the f****KEr what u rekon on this
If your speedo read 80 chances are you were doing 75. WIth 10% +2 rule you can do 79mph. This effectivly means you can drive in a 70mph zone reading 84 on yer speedo! - Dont quote me on this though;)

ex Clio 172 owner :(

local woman was on news got caught 3 times in 30 mins past same camera doing 35 in a 30 (wide wide road with far visibility) she went past a fourth time but camera had gone by then. £180 9 points? Theyre off theyre heads!

black golf v6 4 motion

since found out i couldnt have been cought, as the van was moving (getting into position) as the tripod was set up wen i went back past later on, therefor it did not have to ref points to cal speed from!!!!

ex Clio 172 owner :(

I occasionally get by that way. I just had a feeling ye meant to Felling by pass as I saw a similar thing there the other day.

black golf v6 4 motion

No but the Bast**ds never got me, i thought typical i dont normally speed and the one time the car drifts over 70mph i get caught

I got told by an unmarked car copper that if you stuck to 80 on your speedo even the static gatsos on a dual carriageway wont touch you. Will differ from force to force though. He didnt take kindly to me doing over the ton though!!

This is what radardetectors.co.uk has to say about the 10%:

The police used to have an unwritten rule of allowing motorists 10% plus 2 miles an hour over the speed limit, so in a 30 zone you would get an allowance up to 35 before prosecution. In recent years this has now gone out the window as the police get to keep the money from speeding fines (for re-investing into safety cameras). Penalty point endorsements on driving licences for speeding are usually given along the following lines:
Exceeding the limit between 5 and 14mph - 3 points
Exceeding the limit between 15 and 19mph - 4 points
Exceeding the limit between 20 and 24mph - 5 points
Exceeding the limit between 25 and 29mph - 6 points
Exceeding the limit by 30mph or more - instant banned

i hate it when they either do speed checks or have gatsos on main roads i.e. dual carraigeways, motorways, back roads any national speed limit roads really, youre not gonna find any kids or rogue footballs and things suddenly running out in front of you when you in the middle of the M11 or something are you! fair enough when it is a built up area or outside a school, but come on this is just silly we are gonna end up with them on every bloody road.

Oh and also i hate the way that they winge that gatsos have to be visible to be legal but theyll allow a fat b*****d policeman whatever to sit in a van and wait for you to come round a corner!! how fair is that! grrrrrrr :mad:

moan over