ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Speed Camera Detectors

Hey, i have decided i am going to get some sort of camera detector but am unsure of which is the best one to go for? i know many people like the Road Angel 2, but now the compact version is out, also cheaper, i was considering this. or even an Origin? if anyone could shed some light, or opinions, it would be much appreciated!

justin

106 GTi

If I was buying now, it would be a the new RA compact , all the same features off the RA2 plus the benifit of knowing the speed limit off the road by the camera, which the RA2 cant.

I would have gone for the Origin over my RA2 when I purchased it but the RA is easier to swop between 2 cars.

Is there any truth that the use of speed camera detectors possibly becoming illegal in a new road traffic act? I know the last act timed out or something (ran out of time to put it through Parliament, I think). Just that I wouldnt want to waste money on a radar/laser detector if theyre gonna be made illegal in a few months.

Sorry for the hijack!

It will continue through Parliament when it re-convenes after the summer break next month. Its at the House Of Lords stage.

It is likely to outlaw radar detectors, but GPS in not under threat.

This may be one of the reasons the Road Angel Compact has a plug-in laser sensor (plus they also want to sell it in other countries where laser detection is illegal)

http://www.radardetectors.co.uk/road_angel_compact.htmhttp://www.radardetectors.co.uk/road_angel_compact.htm

[Edited by Lozza on 09 September 2005 at 11:27am]

Valentines are K band american cr*p detectors. Buy a Snooper or Angel that will do gps downloads and detect gatso, specs, etc. They will not be able to outlaw gps black spot locators.

Ford Fiesta

if u get the compact you need additional laser sensor. Rumour has it that new software on its way for road angel 2s to allow speed limtis to be shown on screen like the compact.

I run the Snooper S6-R Neo with the laser pick-up mounted in front of the rad on the V6, and gps aerial on the sideglass. It is programable to show speed limits.

Quote: Originally posted by Liam182 on 10 September 2005

if u get the compact you need additional laser sensor. Rumour has it that new software on its way for road angel 2s to allow speed limtis to be shown on screen like the compact.
were did do hear this ??, do you know when ?

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep

How much does the Compact cost in comparison to teh normal one and has it lost any of the features? Dont know much about the current ones but considering one.