ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

speedo not working

Chav Rocket
On my hybrid... Speedo wasn't working replaced the sleeve on the speedo cable and now it is working but the speedo response is very slow and it is inaccurate. also when the car is off the speedo doesnt return to 0 any ideas? thanks

Chav Rocket
im thinking ill get a new one wanted to know if the problem could be the cable is knackered. is it a big job to route the new one?

Chav Rocket
also i ordered the parts from reno - plastic sleeve that goes in gbox, sleeve for the cable and also a pin of some sort...whats the pin for? cant work out its application

Hmmm never seen a pin before when ive done them!

Easy-ish job to swap cable, if a bit fiddly behind the dash etc.

Clio 182
Hi!

Please help me! My 182's speedo,when the car and the engine are clod(morning),i start the engine and de speedo "restart"1-2 second (no light,the clocks arent working) and the liter/100km(rev counter) reset.

If the engine and the car warm up(80 celsius) the speedo is good.

Clio 182
Hi!

Please help me! My 182's speedo,when the car and the engine are clod(morning),i start the engine and de speedo "restart"1-2 second (no light,the clocks arent working) and the liter/100km(rev counter) reset.

If the engine and the car warm up(80 celsius) the speedo is good.

:rolleyes: